11

( Dre )

I strapped Mel into her car seat. I got in and locked the doors and started the engine. My phone rang and I saw the ID as Jordan 👊💪 . I answered the phone.

Me: Wassup.

Jordan: Not shit. Where you at though?

Me: Finna head home with Mel.

Jordan: Slide through. Lemme see my neice.

Me: Aight. One.

Jordan: Two.

I laughed at her dumb self.

Me: Get off my phone.

Jordan: Whatever.

She dragged it out , we laughed and hung up.

Me: Looks like you'll be seeing auntie Jordan.

She smiled her baby teeth making me smile. I got in the drivers seat and plugged my phone to the aux. I played Drake - Jumpman. 

I put it in reverse and backed out. I periodically looked in the mirror at my babygirl who fell asleep.

I remember when she was first born , she looked so light that the nurses and everybody else thought she was a white baby but she isn't , she is just light skinned.

I pulled up and parked beside the Land Rover. I got out and got my daughter out. She laid her head in my shoulder after looking around being startled from the sudden movement.

Me: Ssh. It's okay babygirl.

She laid her head down and I closed the door and walked into the house. There was a girl on the couch.

Me: Whose that?

Jordan: Oh that's Hanna. My hoe.

Me: She been here all night?

Jordan: Yep.

Me: Why haven't you kicked her out yet like you usually do with other hoes.

Jordan: I dunno. I kinda like her around. She keeps me good company.

Me: Mm. Okay.

I walked into the baby room that Jordan keeps at her house for Mel and laid her in the crib. I made sure the baby monitor was on and grabbed the other and went back out into the kitchen.

Jordan: So hows Tatianna?

Me: She's good. 

Jordan: Talking to anybody else?

Me: I honestly have no clue. She got some studs number at the mall.

Jordan: Oh. 

Me: You jealous?

I grabbed a piece of chicken and sat on the counter.

Jordan: Nah. Why would I be?

Me: Cause your squishing the chicken in your hand.

I watched as she released the chicken from her hand , making it fall to the floor.

Me: Now go wash your hands.

Jordan: Okay father.

I laughed.

Me: Not even close.

Jordan: That reminds me. I found my birth parents.

Me: Really? Have you met them!?

I was really excited because Jordan was adopted and never ever ever met her birth parents before. Every Christmas , she'd wish for her parents , that wish never came true that year and Jordan would always cry.