The wrong potion part 17

Felicy 

I took out the pathfinder and laid his hair inside it. Then I closed it and I apparated to wherever Severus might be.

Moments later I stood in a very curious looking room. It smelled heavily of some sort of perfume and a rather dark, reddish light was illuminating the room, obviously a bedroom. Everything seemed rather dirty and threadbare.

I guessed where I might be, my heart heavy. But then my attention was drawn to a pair in one of the corners, that had been obscured from my view. I edged forward.

Severus was half turned around, just leaving enough room for me to see that in front of him stood a woman. At first I thought it was a young woman, for her barely covered body, seemed fit and well build. But when I saw her face I was puzzled, she look old and at this moment full of fear. Her wincing had made me aware of the couple.

Severus had pulled back her head, by her hair, but the way her head was tilted it looked as if she might be in pain. According to the sounds she made, I was guessing right. Severus had pushed her hard against a desk, resulting in the top of the desk pushing hard into her back. This too looked painful. He was hissing at her while he appeared to be sniffing along her neck. "You are filthy, you are nothing," I heard his voice though I hardly recognized it. All the while he was pressing his body hard against hers. Watching this, I could have winced myself.

She started to cry which had me focus once again. I could not believe what I was seeing here, my dear Severus, the kindest, though the gruffest person I knew. He would never hurt anybody, but rather, he was always ready to protect if it was in his power. I was glad I had taken the time, to find out, which potion he had made and what effect it had. I was also glad, though, that I had come now and not later. I shuddered as the possible images trying to manifest in my mind. I had to act now.

I stepped forward: "Severus", I said. He did not seem to hear me. The woman had heard me though and she tried to turn so that she could see who was speaking, only resulting in Severus pulling her head back further, again she winced.

" Severus", I said, my voice seemed to boom in this small stuffy room. "Severus, you are hurting her." My voice demanding now. I had not intended to speak this way, but that woman was seriously in pain and I could not bare it any longer.

Severus stopped, then slowly, he let her go and turned to face me. He stood staring at me, while the woman hastily retreated to the furthest corner, where she sank to the ground, cowering.

Severus looked different, especially his eyes. His pupils were too big, they seemed to fill his entire eyes and they were a much deeper black than normally. He practically looked like a demon was possessing him. No wonder the woman was scared. He did not move, so again I said. "Severus, it is me Felicy," again I spoke loud as I thought maybe this way, the words might penetrate his mind and heart and he would hopefully recognize me and be able to reverse the effect of the potion. If he still loved me, a small voice said inside me.

If he should not, I realized, I could be his next victim and for a moment this seemed to be happening. With a nasty grin, he came towards me now. But as he came nearer I carried on speaking to him. When he was barely a few inches away from me, he stopped and his eyes changed, the pupils went slowly back to normal and I could see he recognized me. He looked around and he must have realized what had happened, maybe he could still remember, in any case he stammered: "No, what have I done." and without looking at me one more time, he once again disappeared.

I wanted to follow him straight away, but my conscience told me to first make sure the other woman was alright. I went over to her, she was still fearful. " Who are you," she asked, defiantly. "My name is Felicy Snape," I said kindly. I passed her a blanket, for she appeared to be cold and shivering. "What is your name."