arrival

Dipper Pines was a normal teenager, 18 now. He still had his love for adventure and knowledge since the last time he was in Gravity Falls. But coming back now was a different story.
Stepping off of the "Speedy Beaver" bus, he was once again on the property of the Mystery Shack. The shack was surprisingly still in one piece, but there were a lot more radars and stuff on the roof. His two great-uncles, Stanley and Stanford, had probably come to a compromise to share the shack.
Focusing on something different, Dipper looked around the familiar clearing in the thick woods, with the totem pole like decoration (still in the same spot as it was 6 years ago), and the towering trees that had always welcomed him for some reason.
His sister Mabel, literally jumping up and down with excitement, yelled~ "DIPPER OH MY GOD WE'RE HERE! WE'RE HERE WE'RE HERE WE'RE HERE WE'RE HERE!"
A flock of birds, crows probably, shook the top of a tree and flew out of it. Most likely from being scared away from Mabel's yelling.
"Yes, Mabel, we're here," Dipper said with a content sigh. "Let's go inside and see where Stan and Ford are."
Starting to walk towards the shack, Dipper could almost hear Mabel's excitement~ heck, he could hear it. Her held-in squealing and fast-paced footsteps gave it away. She finally let her squeals go and ran past Dipper towards the shack. Dipper rolled his eyes. Classic Mabel.
~
Stepping through the doors of the gift shop, Dipper met an over-excited Mabel standing near the register.
"Let's go see where Stan and Ford are now I'm sO EXCITED!" Mabel announced, running up the steps that lead to the attic.
Dipper casually followed, noticing that the collapsed step was still there. He wondered why Stan or ford hadn't fixed it yet, but that wasn't important right now. By the time he had gone up the stairs, Mabel was already running down them, sprinting past him to find their great uncles. Dipper wanted to follow her, but he decided to look inside the attic, or his and Mabel's room, first. It looked exactly the same, but with less mold everywhere. Their beds were still in the same spots, and Dipper's sailboat painting still on the wall. It was like no one had been here in years.
After a few minutes of looking around, Dipper heard his sister scream, "HI GRUNCLE STAN AND GRUNCLE FORD!!"
She had obviously found them now.
~
Meeting them in the gift shop, Dipper found himself standing in front of Mabel, still jumping up and down with excitement, Gruncle Stan, who had finally bought a thing or two from that 'Gold Chains for Old Men' magazine, and his Great Uncle Ford, who seemed to have had found something new in his research of Gravity Falls from the look of excitement on his face.
"Hey, kid," His Gruncle Stan said with a half-smile. After receiving an elbow to his side from Mabel, he added, "And no, I probably won't make you do any more ridiculous chores this time."
"Good to know." Dipper replied.
~
Pulling out the third journal, written by his great uncle Ford, Dipper walked on a path in the woods that he had never been on before. An thin layer of fog covered his path ahead, making it hard to see where he stepped. Trying not to trip over anything, Dipper just kept putting one foot in front of the other. The fog got thicker and thicker as it went, making it so he couldn't even see his own feet. He knew that he had gone off the path by now.
Reaching a small, triangle-shaped clearing, about nine feet on each side, Dipper finally saw something. It was a tree stump, right in the middle of the clearing, with what looked like a star-shaped, yellow and red crystal with five points, sharper than any blade.
How strange.