shards

Dipper slowly walked towards the shard on the tree stump, being careful to avoid any possible traps or tripwires. The thing looked like it was worth a lot of money, but it was just right out in the open. Just sitting there on a rotting tree stump. No one was in that opening but him.
  The fog swirled around him in an even thicker layer, so thick that he could only see the tree stump in front of him. There were no traps or tripwires or anything unusual, and he found that oddly suspicious. If there was nothing guarding the crystal, then that must mean that he had reached a very secret part of the woods. So whoever put the odd crystal there must have thought it was safe in its surroundings or had put it there a very long time ago.
  Dipper carefully reached out to pick up the star shaped crystal, being especially cautious to not touch any of its five points. He didn't really want to get his hand either stabbed or cut off today. It glowed a little brighter when his hand got closer, its colors swirling a little faster around. Why the colors were swirling he had no idea, but all he knew was that there was dark and powerful magic involved.
Dipper held the shard in both hands, being extra careful not to stab himself with it. Its colors turned slightly different, a little more blue swirling into the red and yellow. Definitely dark magic.
~•~
  Now in his room, Dipper placed the crystal on his bedside table, hoping that Mabel would realize that it was not hers to toy with. If she did, then, she would have to notice how sharp the points are. She should know not to touch something so ethereal and valuable.
  He looked over at his sleeping sister, probably exhausted from yelling, running, and talking all day. She wouldn't mess with his new crystal, would she?
  Dipper decided to just worry about it in the morning. After all, it was almost midnight. He reached over and turned off his lamp. Almost instantly, he fell asleep.
~•~
Blinking his eyes open, Dipper awoke to see that, by no surprise, the crystal was not on his desk. Sitting up, Dipper rubbed his eyes and looked over to a joyful,and very much awake, Mabel putting beads on a string to make yet another necklace. Beside her sat scissors, a bag of beads, and his star-shaped crystal.
"Dipper! I hope you don't mind if I use this star thingy for another necklace!" Mabel said happily. Before Dipper could say anything, she added "and yes, I noticed the sharp points. I will not hurt myself. Probably."
Mabel picked up the shard with a needle in her other hand, wanting to string the crystal onto her newest creation. "Mabel, wait!" Dipper shouted, but he was too late. She touched the needle to the crystal and it cracked, shattering into a thousand pieces. They landed on the ground, none hurting Mabel, but then... something strange happened. Magic and dust swirled from the broken treasure, flying rapidly towards Dipper. Memories of past lives, defeated demons, and forgotten dreams flooded into his head. It felt as if he were being stabbed with knives over and over again, and eventually he couldn't handle the pain. He screamed and cried for help, but he knew that he couldn't be heard. The magic kept coming, lifting him off the ground in swirls of red, yellow, black, and blue. He couldn't even understand his own thoughts, it was like they were being spoken in a different language, sounds shuffled then played backwards.
Finally the magic started to thin, and he was standing on his feet. He collapsed onto his bed. The pain had stayed the same. Mabel had left the room, the crystal's pieces gone. Wait...gone?
~•~

Ok sorry for not updating in a while, I had a lot of school junk to do and I had like no inspiration. But I hope this chapter was good enough for now even though it's really bad lmao
So yeah
Next chapter hopefully coming soon