Chapter 2- Poles and Chains

[Levi's P.O.V.]
"Come on Levi, lighten up!" Isabel's drunken voice cut through the walls of my apartment while I brushed my teeth, preparing to sleep.
I rolled my eyes and finished with a spit into the sink and a thorough rinse of my mouth. I wiped the edges of my mouth off and opened the bathroom door to see Isabel lying on the floor, beer can in hand, while she complained about how I never wanted to have any sort of fun. Farlan was sitting quietly on the couch looking down at her with a smirk.
This girl, I swear, never did anything but try and get us to go out and do some stupid shit. Almost every night, and every other night we deal with an "Isabel-tantrum."
"You can go out and do things on your own too you know," I stated harshly. I wasn't one to act all sweet and give in just to make my friends happy.
Whether I was with my friends or not, I was never someone to just give in if someone asked something of me that I didn't want to do. Farlan was always one to give in to quickly. If he believed he would be beat in an argument or fight, he would quit. Meanwhile, Isabel, was a lot like me in the sense that she would always speak her mind, drunk or not.
Farlan and Isabel were really about the only two people I cared for at this point. My mom died a long time back and I don't even know what happened to my father. After my mother died, I ran out and lived trying to keep away from authorities so that I wouldn't be caught and taken to some orphanage. After living the majority of my childhood on the streets, scrounging for food and hiding from the public, I met Farlan, who shared his little abandoned home he found out in the woods. Isabel found us soon after and we became inseparable.
I found the first time that I smiled was with these guys; they were special.
During that time, apparently I developed some sort of slight fear and hatred of filth. I guess it just reminded me of when I was jumping from alley to alley.
After years of living there, scraping by by stealing food, water, and clothing, we ended up finding cheap, no diploma required jobs and saved up for a small apartment. My job I was working at ended up getting me my current job. I had worked in a retail store and one day, some guy named Erwin came in and offered me a job as a male model for his company. I guess I was good looking and "would look great in a suit." I accepted and that's where I currently work at. It pays pretty well so I won't complain. I don't have to do any sort of nude modeling or anything like that. Mostly just suits and some casual wear for a magazine. We upgraded from a small two bedroom apartment, to a three bed, two bath apartment where it always remained clean, whether they liked it or not.
Isabel sat up and swiped deep red hair strands off her face, "but it's no fun without you guys!" Isabel's shrill tone annoyed me, but I wasn't going anywhere tonight.
I shook my head and flopped down on the clean leather couch next to Farlan.
Isabel puffed out her lip, "come ooooon guys! Enjoy life every once in a fucking while will ya?!" She threw her empty beer can at Farlan, hitting him directly in the face.
"No. Maybe another day but I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed so you guys can go do whatever, I don't care, good night," standing up from my seat on the couch, I stepped into my room, shutting the white wooden door behind me.
Running a skinny hand through my thin black hair, I stepped over to my queen sized mattress and crawled under the cool covers to sleep.

I hadn't realized 3 hours had gone by of me laying in bed on my phone until I checked the time in my phone, surprising myself that it was this early. Insomnia wins again, I guess.
Clicking it off, I threw my blankets off of my body and walked out of my bedroom. The first thing I was greeted with was a snoring Isabel lying on the floor, surrounded by crushed beer cans and Farlan sleeping on the couch.
My lips twitched into a smile while I stepped over to the couch to pick up the remnants of their drinking.
After tossing away all of their discarded cans and cleaning all of their spills, I walked into the he kitchen to make myself a cup of my favorite black tea.
While I brought my cup to my lips, I noticed a small ray of light. I looked up and out the window and saw the sun rising up on the distant horizon. Again, no sleep until sunrise.
Sighing and drinking the last of my tea, I rinsed and stuck my cup in the dish washer. I gathered up the last of the dishes, adding them in with my glass.
The small task of loading the dish washer sent me into an entire cleaning of the kitchen before 8 in the morning; eventually, I started cleaning the entirety of the house.
My cleaning got on Farlan and Isabel's nerves a lot but I couldn't really control the fact that I went into a full blown fucking panic attack. Sometimes, I really fucking hated myself.