Chapter 6

When I finally got out of the urbanization I headed towards an old restaurant, the type that only seem to serve some types of meals at low price, it’s exterior not exactly kept or well groomed. The place was empty save for an old man drinking coffee by the barstool, an old fat lady cleaning off tea cups with a dirty towel. Plling up my hoddie, I slid into one of the seats out back. I flipped open my phone and exhaled in relief to see that my phone still had batter left.

            I called the police and luckily told them the name of the urbanization where Nick was, even though I didn’t know in what area I was when they asked. So I ended up giving them instructions instead. I waited, fidgeting with the sleeves of my jacket. Just then, a whole bunch of police cars stopped in front of the dinner. A tall man with dark hair and green eyes entered, his clothes all crumpled and a wild look on his face. I gasped when I saw it was Gregory, my cousin that worked with the police. I ran to him and he pulled me into a tight hug, all the tears I swallowed came rushing back. He patted my head, hugging me tighter.

“Shh. Don’t cry. It’s all over, Jean.” His lips kissed the top of my head, laying it on his chest as I continued to cry. “You’re safe now.” I wasn’t sure about what he said, still, he continued to sooth me for a few more minutes, until I stopped crying. “Come on. Let’s get you back home.” He hauled me up in his arms, carrying me into towards a police car.

            He drove towards the police station, my mom, dad and two of my bestfriends ran at me the moment I walked through the door and embraced me. I started to let the tears of relief as they kept hugging me. As minutes passed we waited outside in my dad’s minivan, staying with my friends in the car while my parents talked to the chief of police and Greg. Two police officers appeared with an unconscious Nick, with hands cuffed behind his back, being dragged into the building. I bit my lip and looked away, Jenny and Lissa hugging me closer. I let out a sigh and Jenny, still comforting me in her arms asked:

"I thought we would never see you again... Thank God you're alright." She sobbed while tightening her arms around me. I hugged her back and remembered hat Ryan was injured.

"Wait, how is Ryan doing? Is he alright?" She gave me a small smile.

"He's okay, he's at the hospital complaining that his shoulder hurts like hell. Michael and Stephan are staying with him.” She let out a breath. “They got him out of surgery and said that the wound he took for me wasn’t fatal. So he'll be in and about in a few days." I nodded, glad that he was alright.

"That's a relief..." She nodded and continued to look outside the car.

"Are you really alright Jean..? You look pale." Lissa said, worry filling her voice.

"I'm fine, just glad that this is all over..." Those words hurt. I trusted Nick, and it pained me that he would fall into such circumstances. Seeming to understand my sentiments, Lissa hugged me closer, pulling my hair out of my face.

          Just then my parents came and said that we could leave. Mom and dad sat in front while my friends and I sat on the back. We were half way of letting Jenny and Lissa at their homes, when my cellphone stared to vibrate. I looked to see the caller ID, and saw that it showed ‘unknown’. Frowning, I flipped it open to answer.

"Hello..?"

"You didn't really think that I would let you go and keep yourself away from me that easily, did you?"