Chapter Eight

Lauren's POV

"Zachary Talon Jonas you come here right now!" I demanded as my three year old ran from me.

Zach had on his angry face. "No mommy, leave me alone." He fussed.

I was going to be so late because I could not get Zachary to put his clothes on; I have been having the worst time with the little one. There were times when he was the sweetest thing ever wanting to love on you and then the next thing you know he turns into this terror. I read an article recently saying how three and a half year olds tend to be difficult and it was definitely true. He gets frustrated and he starts stuttering really badly causing me to not understand him and he gets even more frustrated, and also at three and a half their equilibrium is off so he falls a lot getting little scraps and nicks. He's just at a very difficult age and I just needed to be extremely patient with him.

"Do you want to pick out what you want to wear today?" I asked trying to level with him.

"No, I don't wa-wanna go." He stutters out.

Zach runs away from me and I follow after him it was way too early in the morning for this and I still hadn't gotten Skylar ready. I decided to let Zach have his moment and I went to get Skylar ready.

Once I was finished with Skylar which only took a few minutes I found Zach playing with his cars in his room.

"It's time to get ready buddy." I said in a soft voice trying not to rile him up.

I was so happy when he came to me letting me put his clothes on him, when I finished putting on his shoes he grabs his favorite stuffed moose and he leaves his room without saying a word to me. I got Skylar out of his crib to bring him downstairs and I put him in his playpen. I turned to see Zach hugging his moose to him and I noticed a spot on his pants. When I realized what it was I wanted to rip my hair out this cannot be happening.

"Zachary, why did you pee in your pants?" I asked in a calming tone.

He dropped to the floor and started crying it was very pitiful he didn't scream or yell he just cried letting all of his frustration out. I was so confused I have never had a problem with accidents before he's been potty trained since he was twenty months old I had set-backs in the beginning but he had it down now so I don't know what's wrong. There was nothing I could do about it if I yelled that would only make it worse, so I just walked over to him.

"It's okay, come on let me clean you up." I said.

"Ma...mommy...I...I sorry." He stutters.

"It was an accident baby it's okay." I reassured him.

"Are...you mad...at me mommy?" I hated when he got like this.

"I promise I'm not mad, can you go in the bathroom while I get you a change of clothes." I told him and he got up and went to the bathroom. I looked over at Skylar making sure he was okay and he was playing with his toys happily and I went to find something for Zach to wear. I called my mom and Dinah letting them know that I would be running late.

Once I got Zach situated I hauled ass to the bakery I was over an hour late the latest I have ever been. Pulling up I could see that my mom was waiting for me, I parked and she comes up to the car to help me out.

"Is everything okay Lauren you've never been this late before?" My mom asked.

I ran my hand through my hair. "Zach has been being a little difficult lately but he's been going through a lot of changes recently and it's just his way of coping with it." I said referring to the schedule change.