Part 3

Ryuki stood outside CSTM HQ in his Evangelion, the Mark 12. HQ was inside of a mountain, it turned out, and even the Evangelions were dwarfed by its height. Opposing him was Rei, somehow a third one, inside of an Eva that looked similar to Unit 1 but with a silver paint job. On its shoulder was the number 4, meaning it was a reconstructed Unit 4 from the tests at Matsushiro.
"Well hello there, little Rei. What might you be doing here?" Ryuki asked.
"I'm here on orders from Commander Ikari to bring Shinji Ikari back to NERV." She replied.
"Well, short and to the point. I like that. But I'm sorry, you can't have the boy because we need him for a little project of our own. I know Gendo wants the boy so he can somehow bring his wife back, even though that probably won't happen, so they can all live as one big happy family minus one child; but our objective is much more... useful to mankind."
"I doubt that greatly."
Before they could say anything more, another Eva crashed down, an equal distance from both Mark 12 and Eva 4. It was pink on one half, red on the other, and seemed to be a cut-and-paste project of both Units 2 and 8.
"Ah, look, WILLE joins the party. How are you, Mari?" Ryuki rhetorically asked.
"Rin Ryuki. " Mari said. "And what exactly are you and NERV doing in your little conversation?"
"Oh you know, just trying to figure out which secret hidden project will benefit mankind more. Nothing much." Ryuki replied. "But while we're here, why don't we put all the cards on the table? Ikari, I know you can hear me."
"Fine." Gendo's voice could be heard from the plug out Unit 4, broadcast by speakers. "Or, you could go first."
"You cannot be serious." Mari commented.
"Perfectly serious." Ryuki replied. "You see, we plan on locking the Doors of Guf. Y'know, the giant ring of death and destruction that appears during an Impact. Those Doors."
"I am aware of the Doors' existence." Gendo said. "However, I cannot allow this. The process alone would destroy all Evangelions and Angels. Not to mention, acquiring all four Spears will be impossible, especially since we won't be letting you take them."
"Really? Then why did you bring one with Unit 4?"
Rei and Unit 4 tensed up, and its right hand jerked slightly.
"So I was right. Sorry Shinji, gf model 3's gonna have to go down."
Ryuki lept towards Rei, drawing both swords and almost cutting the Unit into 4 nice pieces. However, there were some cloaked Mark 4's floating around, which protected the Unit and sacrificed themselves.
"Damn, there's these to?" Ryuki said.
"Rei," Gendo said "do not let him acquire our Spear of Longinus. If he does-"
Gendo was cut off by a massive arrow, no; a spear, flying through the air and hitting Unit 4.
"Boom." Akira said. "Headshot."
"But you hit it in the chest. And it was blocked by the AT Field." Ryuki commented.
Akira had unfolded his greatsword into a massive bow by splitting it down the middle and opening it up by the base of the hilt. There was a supply of those "Arrowspears" as Ryuki called them in the side of the mountain, so Akira had positioned himself so he could fire while outside of the splatter zone.
"Destroy them both." Gendo said.
"I'd like to see that." Ryuki replied.
Rei rushed forward, pulling the Spear of Longinus from its sheath on her Unit's back, and unleashed a volley of stabs at Ryuki. He dodged every single hit with ease.
Rei attacked again, but this time Ryuki grabbed it as she stabbed.
"Thanks!" Ryuki said, back to his cheerful self.
He yanked it right out of her hands, and kicked her down. Then, he threw the Spear over to Akira, who grabbed it and set it down next to himself.
Rei started getting up, this time drawing a prog knife from her right pylon. She went back to violently stabbing at Ryuki, but this time instead he just kept dodging.
It was fairly clear to everyone watching he was basically playing with her, making sure she came within inches of hitting him before he moved aside. Rei was getting rather frustrated, but the whole time she had been hearing a sort of voice in her head, suggesting a tactic with a hopeful outcome. She decided to listen to it.
Rei deployed another Mark 4 Unit, except this one was much smaller. It crashed into Mark 12's legs, knocking it over and the swords out of its hands and sustaining no real damage itself.
"Damn!" Ryuki cursed as he fell to the floor. "Ah well, I still got this."
He started getting up, but was knocked back down by another hit from the Mark 4.
"Okay, you're getting on my nerves!"
Akira chuckled slightly. Clearly Ryuki didn't realize the pun.
Ryuki got up much faster this time, and once standing dodged the Mark 4's third attack. He deployed a small blade from his elbow and calmly stabbed it, creating a violent explosion. Mark 12 and he were unharmed. Then he turned his attention to Unit 4. Rei had the Eva pull down and point its left pylon at him, which fired a rather large bullet right into the Mark 12's eye.
"Damn Damny Dammit!" Ryuki yelled, clutching his eye. "But I want one of those. Akira!"
"Yes?" Akira replied, opening a private channel.
"Remind me to put one of those pylon guns in the Unit 11's blueprint."
"Kk."
"Nobody says that anymore it died with humanity."
"Kk."
Ryuki closed the channel. He turned back to Unit 4, getting over the distraction.
"Alright, let's get this over with." Ryuki said menacingly. Mark 12 raised its right hand, and then an AT Field expanded from it. Then it seemed to pull into an octagonal ring, with a filled-in octagon at the center. Ryuki smirked slightly. The octagon started spinning, and all of a sudden it was gone and Unit 4 was across the valley and in the ground.
Shinji, Asuka, and really everyone were surprised by the power of the Mark 12. But Mari was undeterred. She crept up from behind him, and grabbed the Eva's head in a hold so that she could snap its neck. Even if it were to be repairable, the shock would kill Ryuki, and they'd be free of a problem.
But before she could go for the kill, she was sent back by a crushing wave of force. The Unit was smashed to the floor, and the wave even unbalanced Unit 7 and subtly hit Unit 4. A storm of dust and grass covered the Eva's, obscuring everyone's vision if they weren't knocked out.
When Mari came to, she was part of the wall of a giant crater. Akira was near the top, looking in, and then jumped down. Rei was also near the lip, but still down and with legs dangling in. But that wasn't what she was worried about. She was worried about Mark 12 in the center. She called WILLE for help, though she didn't know if they could. Mark 12, in the center, was glowing red over its normally orange colors. Its eyes were bulging from the sockets, and its mouth was hanging open, emitting a low growl from its red maw. It was frightening, the power in this Eva, and now it was in a Pre-Impact form. Either they stopped it here, or humanity was over.