✑ six

❝Every artist was once an amateur.❞

▪ ▪ ▪

Something was off today at school... someone wasn't there...

Aaron didn't came to school today..., she thought, slightly disappointed.

She noticed something under his seat. Taking a closer look, she realized it was his sketch book. He said he lost it... she picked it up and shoved it into her backpack. Who knows who will take it?

Once the bell rung, she took off towards the theater, where her best friend took drama class.

"Hey, Cara!" She called after her best friend, who sent her a wide smile.

"Mika, how are you? I haven't seen you around, you dope. You worry me," she rambled.

"I know, I know. But I'm okay, trust me," she smiled. "I do have to tell you something secret, though..."

Cara squealed and tackled her, pushing her away from the small crowd. "It's a boy isn't it?"

"How'd you know?" Mikaela frowned.

"You can't fool me. So? Spill!"

"You know...Aaron Sein?"

As soon as the name left her lips, Cara gasped and smacked her best friend's arm. "Don't even-."

"I think I like him," she blurt out.

"Mikaela, he's the sketchiest human alive...nobody knows him."

"That's what's so intriguing about him."

"He scares me."

"Relax," she laughed. "He's not that bad...I guess."

"You guess..."

"I guess."

Cara rolled her eyes. "Anyway, what's that sticking out of your backpack. Looks like a huge bible or some shit."

"It's a sketch book..."

"You draw?"

"Why's that so hard to believe?"

"Not to be rude- who am I kidding, I'm totally being rude- you look like a nerd."

"Gee, thanks, Cara...and you look like a hoe."

She laughed out loud, dragging attention. Mikaela kicked her leg. "Ow! Fucker..."

Passing the first five pages, she noticed how simple and messy his drawings were a year ago.

There was a page that was written in big bubbly letters.

❝I suck. . .❞