✑ thirteen

❝An artist's most beautiful art
comes from the heart.❞

▪ ▪ ▪

The dark sky and glimmering stars accompanied her. The grass slightly bothered her, causing her to move around and scratch her arms.

A chuckle came from a distance. Mikaela straighten up on the grass and glanced back, seeing a grinning Aaron crouching down close to her.

"I'm late again, aren't I?" He muttered as his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"Not really," she giggled. "It's only seven fifteen."

"And we were supposed to meet at seven o'clock."

She gave him a wide grin. "Can you stop beating yourself for this? It's too cute..."

"Can you repeat that last part? I didn't quite catch it," he said teasingly, a smirk playing at his lips.

"Shut up."

Silence filled the beautiful area. They lied on the grass, her head resting on his arm as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"You know something?"

"That you like me?" He mumbled.

"No..."

"Wha-..."

"I love you."

His lips quirked up into an uncontrollable, wide smile. He slowly sat up, pulling her upper body with his arm.

"I'm so happy I met you."

"I know," she laughed. "I am too."

Both teens stared into each other's eyes, leaning closer and closer. "May I kiss you, princess?"

Mikaela's cheeks burned red as she smiled wide. "Yes, you may, peasant."

He pouted. "No kiss now."

She laughed out loud this time, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him lovingly. He chuckled a little in the kiss, returning it.

His hands snaked around her waist as they pulled away from the kiss, and he sat her on his lap as they admired the beautiful, glimmering stars that shined in their eyes.

Together they created a new type of art; love.

Fin.