Chapter 26

_______Adanna's Father 

Lady ran through the house smiling from ear to ear. She was dressed in black leggings and a cheetah printed dress. Her curls were fresh and bouncy and hung down her back. Her teeth were freshly brushed and she smelt like bubble gum. I asked my sister Sandra to pick out Adanna a couple of outfits for our little trip.

Currently we are staying in a hotel in Providence, Rhode Island. I'm taking Adanna out for lunch, getting a couple of toys, and then taking her to Melanie's mothers house. I'm planning on spending most of today with her without any interruptions. I have plans for tonight. Big plans. After over a year of being separated from Adannaya I'll finally be able to see her again.

"Come on, I want to go see mommy." Lady grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door. I laughed and stopped her.

"We can't see mommy until tomorrow Princess." Her face  softened and she stuck out her bottom lip.

"Why can't we see mommy today?" She questioned pulling at the ends of her hair. Adanna's eyes started to water. I knew she was sad. For god sake she hasn't seen her in weeks. And yes I know it's my fault, but oh well. I'm not going to keep her forever. I pulled her in my arms.

"You'll get to see mommy calm down." I cooed and rubbed her back in circular motions. "Lets get today over with then we can go see mommy as soon as you wake up tomorrow. How does that sound?" She didn't say anything but instead she nodded her head. I continued to cradle her small frame in my arms until she stopped crying.

"I can't wait to see mommy either Princess."

_______Adannaya

"Are you fucking kidding me!? Every single time I get close to finding her some shit happens." I ranted. "Am I not doing something right? Oh, I know what it is. I'm not trying hard enough! Maybe if I wasn't busy trying to drink my sorrows away. Or trying to go to class just to keep my mind off this bullshit I could get some damn where! If only we didn't go out that night Melanie!" I turned her way.

"It's not you fault Naya."

"Bullshit, bullshit, that is bullshit! If I wasn't trying to go out for drinks, Lady would be here right now. I knew that was him calling me on private numbers. I knew that he would be here some time in May. I knew that shit! But I decided to take the chance and leave Lady!" I cried uncontrollably. "I left my baby."

My body went limp and I fell on the wooden floors. My heart ached. I'm lost and have no idea what to do. I'm forced to dress in something that he wants, go where he wants to, just so I can get my child. It seems like I'm replaying my life over again.

"Akilah? Akliah look at me." Valentino's husky voice rang in my ears. "Akilah, sweetheart your going to have to look at me." I wanted to move, but I just couldn't.

"Naya turn over for us." Melanie's hand landed on my shoulder. The both shook me, but I wouldn't look up from the floor.

"Why do you keep calling her two different names?" Sandra asked.

"Don't worry about that! It doesn't concern you!" Melanie roared at Sandra.

"Excuse me?" Sandra sounded a little offended.

"Yes bitch I said it! Do you have a problem with it?!" Melanie yelled back.

"This is my brother's house and I have no problem putting you out of it." Sandra pointed to the door.

"Ladies this is not the time or the place! If you haven't noticed Akilah is breaking down on the floor right now!" I sat on the floor for a good five minutes before standing on my feet.

"Please stop." I turned and faced everyone. "Can we go now?" I didn't say anything. I let my feet carry me outside to the car. A rush of cool air smacked me in the face. The wind was blowing hard as shit. I walked to the passenger's side of the car and hopped in.

This is bullshit, complete bullshit. But you know what? I'm going to go back home and get dressed. Take a long ass bubble bath to relax my muscles, refresh my curls, brush my teeth, and put on the sexiest perfume I have. If this motherfucker wants to play games we can play games.

I turned my head and looked out the window. Melanie was being dragged out of the house by Valentino. Shit! "Try me bitch! Cousin or not I will fight your ass!" Valentino continued to pull her to the car. The back door opened and Melanie appeared.

"Stacks do you have to fight everybody." I ran my hands down my face.

"No I do not, but if they deserve it I had not problem delivering an ass whopping. Package bitch!" Melanie shifted in the seat. Valentino sat in the driver's seat and started the engine. We pulled out and turned towards the interstate. The ride was silent. Too silent.

"He told me not to bring anybody with me." I spoke. "He said if I did he would keep Lady."

"I wish his ass would try! He's had her long-"

"I have a plan." I interrupted Melanie. "You'll be coming with me, but not with me."

"What the hell Akilah that doesn't make any sense! How are we going with you, but not going with you?" Valentino gripped the steering wheel. I sighed and continued.

"The only way this is going to work is if we call Vladimir and Spenser." Valentino's jaw instantly clenched at their names. "Vladimir has some type of connection with that bar, club whatever it is. That's why Melanie didn't get in trouble for fighting in there."

"Yea I remember, we just walked out like nothing happened."

"Exactly. I'm thinking, maybe Vladimir can get the owner to make the club private around 12?"

"Do you think he can do that?" Melanie leaned between the two seats.

"I don't know but its worth a try." I bit on my nails. "Back when me and him were dating he never did anything in front of anybody. Never! So if I can get the place cleared that's perfect. Spenser, you, Valentino, and Vladimir, could stand in the back until something pops off."

"Are you sure about this Naya? What if he tries something sneaking that we don't know about?"

"Trust me he's not going to do anything stupid." I smiled at my fingertips.

"And why not?" Valentino questioned.

"Because he's going to have me with him." My smile turned into a straight line.

"What exactly does that mean Akilah? You're making all these plans and you don't even know if they are going to work." Valentino sounded frustrated, but I could care less. Melanie was sitting in the back silent like she was contemplating on something. Steady breathing could be heard throughout the car.

A sharp inhale of breath made me and Valentino jump. I turned around to look at Melanie. She was gripping the seat and breathing heavily. She was thinking too hard. "Melanie quit thinking so hard." I groaned and turned back around. Her hand smacked my shoulder and I turned back around.

"Adannaya are you going back to him?!"

_________