Part 29

"Are you ready?" Comes a voice from behind me. I turn to see Hotch in a fancy three piece suit.

"Ready for what?" I ask, slightly confused as to what was going on.

"Your big day." I turn to see a mirror. I see myself in a pure white wedding dress. It has a princess skirt and a sweet heart neckline. It was a simple lace covered dress with a diamond covered belt around the waistline, just like I had always dreamed of for my wedding.

"Hotch, what's going on?" I ask as I turn around to face Hotch again.

"It's time to decide what you're going to do."

"Do with what?"

"Your life."

"What do you mean?" I ask, even more confused.

"You have to decide what you want from life, if you want to live with Spencer, or die with Alan." All of a sudden my white dress turns black, I look up to Hotch who has been replaced by Alan in a three piece suit and a black flower in his lapel.

"Life or death Alannah? It's time to choose." Alan raises his hand as he comes towards me I turn away to see Spencer wearing the same as Alan only with a white flower in his lapel. I look back to where Alan was but he's gone now.

"Spencer what's happening?" I ask, confused about what was happening.

"I'm sorry." Spencer says, his eyes full of pain and sorrow.

"Sorry for what?" I take his hands in mine and look into those beautiful brown eyes.

"I want to stay but I don't know if I can."

"Why not?"

"I have to go now, look after yourself and our little peanut." Spencer says as he lifts a hand to my stomach, I look down at my stomach, I knew why Spencer was apologising but it didn't help how bad I felt. I shut my eyes and enjoy the feeling of his hand against my stomach.

I sigh before opening my eyes only to see Alan standing there once again "You don't deserve happiness, you and Spencer will never be happy." Alan's arm reaches for me but I turn and duck to get away. I look back to see nothing but blackness, I'm on my own once again.

***

"Alannah! Alannah talk to me." I shout but Alannah isn't moving, she's unconscious on the floor from Alan's attack.

"Oh she won't be talking for a while. Now me and you are gonna have a little conversation, man to man." Alan says as he kneels down beside me. His sickly green eyes locked to mine as he smiles creepily at me.

***

"Any word on that car?" Hotch asks Cruz.

"It's on its way, along with three SUV's, ready for a chase." Cruz plans.

"Is that a good idea?" Rossi thinks aloud.

"We're not going to let him get away with everything, this is going to end with him in jail or dead." Hotch says before storming into the surveillance van.

"Is he alright?" Cruz asks as he watches Hotch storm off.

"He's quite close to Alannah. He's been a sort of father figure to her since her aunt and uncle were killed." Morgan explains as much as he knows.

"I'm gonna go see if I can calm him down." Rossi says before walking off to find Hotch. He was stood at a computer screen watching the techies work to get the cameras in the cafe working. "You alright." Rossi asks.

"I'm fine." Hotch says bluntly.

"Do you wanna give that another go to make me believe it?" Hotch looks at Rossi until he breaks.

"She deserves more than this Dave." Hotch's normally strong tone tinted with a hint of fear and worry.

"I know she does; she and Reid deserve to be happy together. We're gonna get this son of a bitch and they can be together." Rossi plans.

"Is that before or after he tortures them both. She's should still be in hospital recovering from her gunshot. She almost lost her unborn child and now she's going through this. She's always been delicate Dave, when I first met her, she was a bundle of nerves, her life had just been pulled apart for the third time and she was still in her teens. I took her in for six months, treated her like my own with Hayley while she sorted herself out and got her place in college. She's done so well for herself and then that piece of trash abuses her."

"You can't blame yourself Hotch. She was doing what she thought was right, she didn't let us in; there was nothing we could have done." Rossi pleads with Hotch.

"We could have protected her better, we're meant to be her team, her family and we kept sending her home to that bastard every time we got back. We could have kept her away more, we could have saved her from this." Hotch argues.

"Hotch we couldn't do any more than what we've been doing; Garcia sent him on three training exercises, we took on extra cases, if we had have taken on any more we would never be home, you would never see Jack. Alannah wouldn't want that."

"Then we should have tied him to these murders sooner."

"Hotch stop it, we did our best, if we looked at Alan for the unsub in every case we worked then we would never have closed any cases. We need to focus on the task at hand, getting them all out save and well."

"The car is here." A techie says snapping the men out of their argument.

"Let's get back to it then." Hotch says as he leaves the van with Rossi.