Part 31

"Where could Alan have taken Reid?" Rossi asks as the team gather back at the office.

"He could have taken him anywhere, we know Alan has a revenge plan, we just need to figure out what it is." Morgan thinks aloud.

"Ok so He knows about the affair, he didn't take Alannah though, why?" JJ reads over the details.

"He wants to cause her pain and he thinks that the best way to do that is to hurt Spencer." Kate gives a possibility.

"Or maybe he's going after her again." Rossi offers another possibility.

"But Hotch is with her and they have guards at all entrances in and out of the hospital. He would never get near her, would he?" Garcia sounds worried as she thinks about what Alan could be up to.

"I don't know babygirl, but we can't take the chance." Morgan says.

"I'll phone Hotch, let him know what we think." Rossi says as he dials his phone.

***

Hotch is on the phone talking to Rossi. All I can think about is how I need to find Spencer before Alan can hurt him. Although I had no idea where Alan would take Spencer. But I had to try to figure it out, the only problem was that my brain didn't want to work. I don't know if it was the concussion or the stress but I couldn't think straight. Everything was getting to me and I wasn't sure how much longer I could hide all of this from the team.

I need Spencer, I always said I was protecting Spencer from getting hurt; that I would help him move on in case Alan killed me. But I never thought about how I would cope if Spencer was killed because of me, how was I meant to raise our baby by myself, knowing I was the reason she didn't have a daddy? I need him to be ok.

"Are you feeling well enough to go back to the office? It's the safest place for you and you can help us look for Alan." Hotch asks as he walks back into my room.

"Yes, please, I feel so useless sitting here when Alan is doing God knows what to Spencer."

"I'm not letting you into the field. When we find them the team will go in to get them, you will stay at the office."

"But...

"No," Hotch cuts me off before I have a chance to fight my case. "I'm not having you in the field, you should still be recovering from the gunshot, I'm not having you risk yourself or your baby again; you've been through enough, besides Spencer would never forgive me if I let anything happen to you, and I would never forgive myself either."

"Fine." I half-heartedly agree to Hotch's orders, knowing fine rightly that I will not stick to them if I think that I'm the only one to save Spencer.

"Come on then." Hotch holds his arm out for me to get up and go ahead of him.

The car ride to the office was spent in silence I stare out of the window all the way to the office. Hotch doesn't say anything, he leaves me to my thoughts. Thoughts that were driving me insane.

I couldn't shake the thought of Alan doing horrible things to Spencer. I've tried so hard to protect him and now he's alone with Alan's rage.

Hotch and I head up to the office, I'm met with Garcia's open arms being wrapped around me. "Ohhh it's so good to see you, I thought I was never going to see you again." I try to hold back the tears but hearing Garcia's words send me over the edge. I can't stop the tears from flowing; making Garcia hug me a little tighter. "Oh sweetie pie, don't cry; we're gonna get Spencer back safe and sound."

"I can't do this alone, I need him; we need him." I cry as I cling onto Garcia's soft woollen cardigan.

"You aren't alone Alannah, no matter what happens you have us." JJ tries to console me but it's of little help.

"I know that." I manage to say between sobs. "But it's not the same, I want Spencer to be part of our baby's life. I've been through so much to make sure that Alan didn't hurt you guys and now he's alone with Spencer and I feel like I've failed him."

"You haven't failed anyone Alannah; you've done more than enough to try and protect us, now it's our turn to protect you." Hotch says in the hope that it would somehow comfort me.

"I know you mean well but I don't think there's anything you can say that will make me feel better. I just want Spencer to be alive." My throat aches as I try to hold back the tears that were threatening to overflow from my eyes once again.

"Garcia, why don't you take Alannah to your office, away from prying eyes? I'll be down in few minutes to see if you can help us Alannah. For now, everyone try to find out as much as you can about Alan Macy." Hotch orders, we don't wait to be told again, we head off in our separate directions to follow our orders.

***

Alan drives for about twenty minutes, taking random turns in order to avoid police sirens. He pulls up outside the back of what looks like an abandoned building.

"Where are we?" I ask as a sick feeling begins to grow in my stomach.

"You don't need to know that." Alan bites back.

"What are we doing here?"

"We're going to have some fun." Alan says with an eerie smile on his face.