And we're off!

"Lyla! Quick come here!" my mother squeals, "coming mum" I call back. I walk downstairs excitedly and ask her what is up. "We have won a cruise to Hawaii! We leave it two days! Are you excited?" I can't even contain my excitement "yes mum, thank you so much! I'm gonna go pack, right now!"

I rush upstairs and snatch my pink floral travel case out of my wardrobe and toss it onto my bed. I grab every bikini I own and all of my denim shorts. Within an hour I'm all packed and ready to go. I forget that I totally need to call my best friend Marissa and brag about it! I grab my iPhone 6 out of my school backpack and punch the numbers of my best friends' number into the keypad. Just as I'm about to hit the call button I hear Jordan.

"Oi West" Great what could he possibly want at this time? "Guess what!" he calls "what Jordan, what is it?" I reply "I won a cruise to Hawaii and I leave in two days! Are you going to miss me, I mean more then you usually do that is". No way! He can't possibly have won the same tickets as me and Mum, could he?

"What company?" I ask, "Calantino Cruises'' he replies. His going on the same cruise as me! I totally jinxed myself, today did get worse.

"I'm going to have a hard time missing you when I'm with you" I say, "No way are you on the same cruise as me west, that's not happening" he snorts "oh yeah? And who's gonna stop me?" I say as I close my window.

**

I'm still lying in bed awake and its 12:47 PM. So what if his on my cruise? I can still enjoy it right? I mean it's not like I have to stay with him 24/7 I have a whole boat to escape from him on. I'm just stressing myself over nothing.

**

"Lyla Hun, are you ready? Do you have everything?" my mum calls from downstairs. I look around my room one last time and check if I'm missing anything and slide my iPhone into my back pocket "yeah mum, now coming down" I call back at her. We hop into the car and set off for the docks in Fremantle.

When we arrive at the docks we spot our ship and hop on in a hurry. We made it by 4 minutes because traffic was so busy! I watch the shores of Australia fade away more and more into the distance but quickly feel more at ease when a waiter taps me on the shoulder and asks me if I would fancy a strawberry smoothie. "Oh yes please! They're my favourite" I respond.

The waiter returns a few minutes later with a strawberry smoothie and a plate of sliced pineapple. "thankyou" I say energetically, I pull the small umbrella out of the drink and gulp the whole smoothie down in what feels like seconds.

"Looking good west" I hear a far too familiar voice say "thanks miller" I taunt back. He sits right next to me and starts playing some kind of racing game on his phone, "are you really going to bug me all week?" I ask, "No, I just want to sit with you if that's alright?" he says whilst grinning at me.

All of a sudden a loud alarm sound fills the air and there is a sudden moment of panic on everyone's face.

AN: sorry these first two chapters have been so short I just really wanted to start the book but it's exam week and I've been pretty busy! Hope your enjoying ☺️