Chapter 3 - Sakura's patients

A/N : I've read the summary of sakura hiden and I decided to add a few characters / scenes from that novel since it has the same timeskip as this story.

-----

It was past 6 pm when Sakura decided to go home. She usually take an overtime but she promised Ino to see her tonight. She stopped by Ino's house to invite her out. They bought some takeouts from the new sushi place downtown and a few bottle of sake before heading off to sakura's apartment.

"So forehead how's it going at the hospital?... Mmm this is so good!" Ino asked while she took a bite.

"Same old stuff. Yesterday I had to reattach a limb, perform heart surgery, fix dislocated ankle" Sakura responded then took a sip of sake from her wine glass.

"Oh" Ino grimaced. "By the way, we don't have new patients tomorrow right?"

Sakura nodded. Ino is talking about The Children's Mental Healthcare Clinic, the clinic she and Ino opened. It was build to help assist and aid children from the stress and trauma they experienced due to the recent shinobi war. So far they have good progress as the children seems to be able to overcome and back to their normal selves.

"Good. I know you've been working too hard so you should take a day off just for once, maybe tomorrow?"

Sakura arched an eyebrow. "And you want me to take a day off tomorrow because?"

"Well Hinata invited us out for a tea party. She told me to ask you if you could come."

"Really? It's strange that she's the one who's inviting us, it's usually the other way around."

"I know right. Maybe she has a problem or she had an argue with Naruto."

"Okay, can't you just fetch me at the hospital? I can't take a leave tomorrow, tsunade-sama is expecting me to be present."

"Ugh fine"

-----

"Hey pig, are you gonna stay here for tonight?"

Sakura realized that they already finished two bottles of sake, not oblivious that she's already tipsy. Same goes for Ino, who's leaning her elbow on the coffee table with her palms on her chin.

"Nah, sai's gonna pick me up" Ino let out a girlish squeal that made Sakura roll her eyes. They were cut off by a knock on the door.

"Speaking of the devil" Sakura stood up to open the door for the expected person.

"Sai, perfect timing. Get that girl out of here."

"She looks drunk." He said with his infamous poker face.

"No, just a little bit."

"Okay, thank you Sakura." He patted her shoulder and smiled before walking towards Ino.

"Ooh hi there sai"

"I'll take you home now"

"Really? You're taking me to your place?"

"Yours" Sai corrected.

"Hmm playing hard to get" Ino placed her arm around his shoulder before walking out with him.

"See ya tomorrow forehead"

"Whatever pig, behave yourself. Now chop-chop. Get out of here."

"Yeah yeah you sound like an old grumpy woman"

She smack the blonde's head lightly before giving both her friends a light hug and closed the door. She chuckled at her friends' situation. They're not in a relationship. She don't know if sai is aware about ino's feelings, Ino was giving a very obvious hint while sai is being.. sai. But she knows that they're progressing because Sai is beginning to make a move, just like today, he fetched her.