Prologue

Usagi's POV
"Hey, you're not really breaking if off with me again, are you?" my voice shaken as I look to him for answers. Hi, my name's Tsukino Usagi and I'm sitting here, in the park, under a cherry blossom tree with my boyfriend, desperately trying to figure out what Mamo-chan, Chiba Mamoru, is trying to pull. "Well...?" I pry deeper. He just sits there with his eyes gazed towards the ground before shifting his eyes back at me. "I just...don't want to be with you anymore." he answers coldly. Our eyes hold their position on one another. His indigos were piercing my heart. It's like what he just said...was true. I lost it. "H-have you been...brainwashed again? Is this your dreams telling you to break it off with me? Why are you saying this? Don't you love me anymore??" by the time I finish the last question, streams of tears were already running down my cheeks. Was our love to be really not destined to be at all? How is that possible? I'm actually starting to doubt myself. "No I haven't been brainwashed again, but thanks for bringing that up. And no, it's not my dreams. I just feel...like we should be apart for awhile." I notice him answering only the first three questions. "...do you...love me?" I hesitate. His gaze drops back to the ground and my body shivers from fear of him not wanting me anymore. "...no...I don't love you anymore." With those last words, he starts to pick himself from the ground. "Sorry. I have to go." he says as he leaves my side. "Mamo...chan." I call out in a whimper, but by the time I know it, he's already gone. I'm just left here, alone, in the park. Just me and myself... I pull my legs closer to me and huddle down in a fetal position. I bury my head in thoughts. I can't believe this is happening again. Why on Earth would he want to leave me...again? Is it because he's tired of being with me and my old ways? If that's the case, I can change! I just...I don't know what to do anymore... Oh...Mamo-chan...

Mamoru's POV
Why did I lie? Why did I even say that? Why did I leave? I'm so stupid! How could I break up with her and then leave her right after?! I slam my apartment door shut once I get inside. I walk over to the sofa and plop down. I can't believe I'm so idiotic to let go of the one woman I'll ever truly love and know that I want to be with. I glance over to the coffee table and pick up the folder laying on it. The documents inside explain why I'm being this foolish. Long ago, before my parents had died, they explained to me that when I reach a point in age, I am to attend an omiai. An omiai is an arranged marriage in this culture. Apparently, I am to inherit a big corporation, but it was first decided that I have to marry the daughter of my parents' friend, whom I have never met before. I plan on breaking it off with this girl and I don't plan to become a business elite. That's why today, I broke it off with my real girl just incase someone was to follow us and harm Usagi. I wouldn't want that. Now that the dangers we faced are completely in the past, I don't want to put her in any harm's way. That's why....that's why....I had to do what must be done.