Chapter 1

Lucas's Pov
Well today should be a normal day of school. At least I hope it is. I walk to my closet and grab some clothes. Then I go to the bathroom and get in the shower. After I'm done getting clean, I get dressed. Then I walk downstairs to get my things from school, but when I get to the bottom step. I see something I didn't expect to see. My cousin Ashlee. Well I should tell you I haven't seen her in about five and a half years. When we were little we were like bother and sister. She is also one year younger than me. "Ash what are you doing here?" I asked.
"Well Lucas Ashlee is going to be staying here with us for awhile. So please be nice. Also she is going to be going to school with you, and she will be in the same grade as you." My mom replied. Since when has my mom been in here? Oh well. My mom left the room going into the kitchen. I bet she's making breakfast. I looked at Ashlee and I could tell something different. Well I mean beside her appearance. There is something bothering her.
"Lucas are you just going to stare at me? It's kinda weird and creepy." Ashlee said.
"Sorry I was just thinking. So are you okay? I just mean you look like you have been crying. Did someone hurt you? Do I need to hurt someone?" I asked.
"Lucas I'm fine right now. I cried because I am so happy to see you and your mom. I have missed you." She said, but I could tell that wasn't all of it.
"So how has my favorite little cousin been doing?" I asked.
"Well today I have been just peachy." She said.

"So do you have for history?" I asked.

"I have Mr.Matthews and your mom said I have it at the same time you do." She replied.

"Come on y'all breakfast is ready." My mom yelled. Ashlee and I walked to the kitchen. We both sat down and ate breakfast. I pulled out my phone to see if any of my friends had texted me. When I looked down I see no one had texted me. I should tell you that Ashlee always hides her accent. She has never told me why.
"Well y'all should head to school. Unless you guys want to be late." My mom told us.

"Okay mom we will leave right now. " I said as I pulled Ashlee to the door. I stopped by the door when I realized that Ashlee didn't have a backpack on.

"Ash do you have a backpack?" I asked.

"Yes sir it is on the coffee table over there." Ash said with her accent coming out when she said sir. I went over to the coffee table and garbed her backpack. I ran back and gave it to her. We walked out of the house and got to school ten minuets early. So I showed her all of her classes. When I showed her the history room. Mr.Matthews walked out of his class room. He looks strait to us.

"Hello sir." I greeted.

"Hello Lucas, and this must be Ashlee." Mr.Matthews said.

"Sir how did you know she is Ashlee?" I asked.

"Well your mother called and told me what I needed to know. Also can I talk to you in privet Ashlee?" He asked.

"Sure?" Ashlee replied confused. They walked into Mr.Matthews class room and closed the door. This is weird. I wounder what is going on. Oh well I will go find my friends. I think Ash will be fine.