Chapter 2

Ashlee's Pov

Mr.Matthews said he needed to talk to me in private. So he took me into his class room.

"Is there something you wanted to talk about?" I asked.

"Well I have been told you just got here today. Also Lucas doesn't know the reason you are staying with him and his mother." He said.

"Please don't tell anyone why I am living with them. In fact when you introduce me to the class can you not tell them I am his cousin?" I pleaded.

"If you don't mind me asking. Why don't you want me to tell anyone you are Lucas's cousin?" He asked.

"Last time people found out I got bullied and I rather that not happen again." I replied.

"Okay I will not tell anyone. I heard at your last school you had a 4.0 you might not want to bring that up in my class. A war might break out. Your aunt wanted me to keep a close eye on you because of you incident from last month. I hope you are okay with that." He informed me.

"Sure that's fine with me. Also in class can you please not put me next to Zay?" I asked.

"I will try my best." He said.

I walked out of the classroom to see Lucas and some other people. I'm guessing those are his friends. Then I see one of the people there is the one and only Zay. The person that I can never forgive. I didn't want to be near Zay. So I walked to my music class. I'm 30 mins early to class. I walk up to the teacher, and she turned to face me.

"Hey may I use a guitar until it is five mins to class starting?" I asked.

"You may!" The teacher exclaimed.

I walked to the guitar. I picked it up and sat on a chair. I started to play This is War by 30 Second to Mars. Well after 20 minutes of playing. The she said they had to leave because today was a field trip. I couldn't go because I didn't have a permission slip. So she lead me down to the classroom I could be in. The awesome thing was that I got to borrow the guitar for the rest of the school year. We have been walking quite a while. When we got were I needed to be. I sat there, and began to read a book. I read it the whole time. When the 3rd class ended it was time for lunch. I went to the lunch room and got food. I sat at table by myself. It was quite nice to not have to talk to people. All people usually just want to know why I have moved here. I really don't want to talk about it. Because if I do the tears will start, and will nearly impossible stop. Just then Lucas and his friends walked by my table. So I put hood up on my head. So that they couldn't see who I am. I think Zay saw me. Because he winked at me and walked to Lucas. I swear if he tells Lucas where I am. I will just walk home; and will tell my aunt I am staying home. Some girl in Lucas's friend group walks back to my table.

"Hey! My friends and I were wondering if you want to sit with some people so your not lonely? I mean it's not fun to sit by yourself." The hyper girl asked.

"Thank you, but no thank you miss. I'm quite fine where I am." I replied.

"Okay. Well if you change your mind we will be over here." She said.

"Thanks." I replied.

She walked to the tabled her friends are sitting at. I keep my hood on, and ate my food. Hoping that Lucas wouldn't know that I am the one sitting by myself. Just then I got a text. I pull out my cell phone. I put my head down and look at the phone. It is a text from Lucas.