F o u r

I woke up to a very bouncy Willow poking my cheek.

"I will bite your finger if you keep poking me," I muttered without opening my eyes.

Willow's airy laugh rang out and I opened my eyes with a grin to see her already dressed in her uniform. She handed me a muffin and a few pieces of bacon wrapped in a napkin.

I raised a questioning eyebrow at her as I pushed myself up into a sitting position.

"Classes start in fifteen minutes."

Her words didn't register in my mind for a few seconds. When they did, I flailed out of bed and scrambled towards my trunk.

Willow laughed and set herself on her bed, nibbling a piece of the bacon she had grabbed for me. I shot her a glare as I pulled my tie haphazardly around my neck.

"Why didn't you wake me sooner?!" I exclaimed, digging through my trunk in an attempt to find my other high top.

Willow cleared her throat and held up my black converse shoe in her hand. I snatched it from her as she shook her head with a smile. "I tried, but you pulled your blanket over your head and wouldn't come out."

I groaned, deciding that my hair would have to settle for being left down in messy waves and slipped my robes on over my white button up and black skirt.

Willow and I headed towards the Great Hall to get my schedule, me breaking off pieces of the muffin as we walked.

"You missed a fairly interesting conversation between Hermione and Lavender this morning," Willow started as we made our way down the staircases.

I looked at her. "Well, go on!"

Willow chuckled. "Lavender was going on about how she reckons Harry's lying about You-Know-Who returning-"

"Not her, too!" I groaned. Almost everybody in this damn school was blind and didn't believe Harry and Dumbledore. I for one considered all of those people to be idiots.

"I know. I was about to tell her off, but Hermione beat me to it. Told Lavender to 'keep her big, fat mouth shut about Harry.'"

I laughed. "Lavender's face must have been priceless!"

"You have no idea-"

"Wolfie!"

Willow and I looked up from our laughter to see Seamus heading towards us with a grin.

"Hey, Seamus," I smiled.

"Late start?" he questioned with a charming grin, tugging on my loose tie as he approached.

"Oh, hush, you!" I shoved him aside, tightening my tie and adjusting my robes.

As the three of us reached the Great Hall, I rushed in towards Professor McGonagall, who had a few schedules left in her hand.

"Professor McGonagall!"

She turned at the sound of her name and shook her head a bit, holding out a piece of paper with my name scrawled across the top.

"Try not to make a habit of this, Miss Coleson," she told me with a hint of a knowing smile.

I shot her a toothy grin and mumbled a thank you as I took my schedule from her. I jogged back towards Willow and Seamus who were waiting for me by the door.

"Oh great. We have History of Magic right-" I stopped as I saw Willow and Seamus glaring at each other.

Well, I didn't expect this.

"Uh..." I stopped in front of the two, not quite sure what was happening. "What happened...?"

"Willow's just as crazy as the rest of them."

I was taken aback by the bite in Seamus' voice. I had never heard him talk like this, about anything. 

"What in Merlin's name are you talking about? What's got your wand in a knot, Seamus?!"

Willow turned angrily towards me. "Seamus doesn't believe Harry."

I blinked in surprise, slowly facing Seamus. "You don't?"

Seamus looked at me like I was crazy. "Don't tell me you do as well!"

I was a mess inside. Seamus was my best friend and in all ten years that I've known him, he's never been like this. He's shared a dorm and been fair friends with Harry since their first year. I didn't understand.

I also knew that we had four minutes to get to History of Magic.

I made sure my face was level. "As a matter of fact, I do believe in Harry, because he's my friend and he has no reason to lie. And neither does Dumbledore...We have to get to class."

Seamus stormed off in a huff before I could see his face. I'll admit that I was somewhat numb as Willow pulled me through the halls and into Professor Binns' classroom, moments before the bell rang.

I don't think I've ever been more upset that we didn't have as meany classes with Ravenclaw. I need CC and Delia right now. Not that Willow wasn't great, but those two would say something that would get me through the day.

Instead, I sat there, staring blankly at the board as Professor Binns droned on, Willow's head nodding of as she attempted to stay awake. But I couldn't do anything.

I didn't know what had gotten into Seamus. It's one thing to act like a moron and not believe neither Dumbledore nor Harry about You-Know-Who returning to power, but to call us crazy for believing them and- I couldn't get his bitter tone out of my head.

Don't tell me you do as well

I was broken out of my trance as Willow shook my arm. The entire period had passed without me realizing it. I shoved my empty parchment into my bag, tucking my quill into place and swinging my back over my shoulder.

I almost forgot to look for Seamus.

Almost.

But instead of seeing him heading towards me or waiting at the door, running a hand through his hair and letting out a yawn like he normally was, he was already heading out the door, Lavender giggling at his side and Dean trailing a bit behind him.

Dean glanced back at Willow and I, nodding his head towards him and Seamus, asking a silent question that I wasn't sure how to answer.

I gave a small, tight-lipped smile and shook my head a bit. He gave a questioning look, but shrugged and headed out after the oh-so-lovely couple.

Willow put her hand on my shoulder, drawing my attention away from the three and towards her.

Her eyes were filled with sympathy and worry as she opened her mouth to say something. She stopped a second later and closed her mouth, hesitating, before simply saying, "Come on, Evie. We have Potions.