Part XXIV

he picked up his phone, "let me finish my tune, young Niall.." and Niall chuckled laying down and closing his eyes, enjoying the small sounds Louis was making.
"how many nights does it take to count the stars" Niall heard Louis whisper singing. he smiled to himself, not wanting to embarrass Louis or make him stop. he enjoyed every second of hearing Louis sing, it was magic for his ears, and he decided he could listen to it all day every day. he eventually drifted off to sleep-he was awoken by Louis kissing his face and whispering, "nialler" repeatedly. he sat up and rubbed his sleepy eyes, "look Niall.." Louis said, Niall opened his eyes fully and smiled, the sunrise was massive today, reminding him of the Lion King, in disbelief he was seeing a sunrise like this at all. he pulled Louis close to him and kissed up and down his neck and back, leaving goosebumps all over Louis fair skin. after the glorious sunrise, they went back to sleep until they woke again by the beaming summer sun melting their skin. "fuck it's too hot.." Niall said putting an arm over his eyes, "don't wanna wake up yet.." Louis said. Niall looked at the time and sat up, "it's noon, Lou." "ah shit!!" he said sitting up and putting his face in his hands. he'd not slept a wink last night until they fell asleep after the sunrise. "come on, sweetheart." Niall said pulling Louis by the hand to show him the way he used to get down as a kid. they failed miserably, of course, and landed on their backs on the grass screaming and laughing at their pain. they went back inside and got dressed. "I'll see you soon, Niall." "you've got packing to do..." Niall said kissing Louis nose. "you too, kiddie." Niall bumped Louis crotch, "barely younger. remember it." he kissed Louis again and went back inside as Louis drove home with a everlasting smile on his face. why is it when we're not together we're chatting on the phone ?" Niall said laughing. Louis had his mobile tucked between his shoulder and his ear, scurrying around his room throwing things haphazardly into his suitcase. "you're obsessed with me that's why." he said flatly, making Niall cackle loudly into the phone. "what exactly did you tell your parents about this trip anyway ?" Louis finally stopped and sat down on the bed waiting for niall's response. "told them I was going to California with a friend as a gradation present to myself. they didn't ask questions. they never do." Louis heart slowed but he still felt uneasy. he wished his parents would just be happy with who Niall wanted to be with. it was hard enough keeping it on the down low in public. they didn't really sneak around with Louis family, just didn't flat out tell them. but with niall's family, they weren't to even exist to each other, and that broke Louis heart. "I'm gonna tell them when we get back. what are they going to do ? I'm going off to uni in two months. I'll be 18 soon, they can't stop me anymore." Louis suddenly remembered about uni. Niall, leaving, going to another country, while Louis was stuck homestead in Great Britain. he pushed the thoughts away and went back to packing. "when's our flight then ?" "four next morning...I told you not to wait till the last minute to pack, didn't i, Lou ?" "yeah yeah.." Louis listened to Niall talk about random things as he was preparing for their three week trip to California. he was quite certain he didn't have nearly enough summer clothes to get him through that time, Niall would probably splurge on clothes Louis wouldn't normally wear. including matching shirts that Niall always seemed to force upon Louis. he found it extremely lame, but it made Niall happy to match his boyfriend, so he obliged. "I'm gonna go have dinner with me family Niall..ill call you later on okay, love ?" "ehh..alright darlin." Niall said reluctantly. "whatya doing ? do you want to come ?" "love to.." Niall said too quickly, like he was waiting and expecting Louis to ask him. "we'll get you on the way, nialler." he said with a smile and hung up. as they had dinner, Niall told Louis parents all about where and what they were going to do in California. Lottie and Félicité were begging to go, and Louis just smiled at them and said "boys only." Niall decided to bring his luggage along and just sleep at Louis house that night, opting to sleep on the couch now that his parents knew they were in a relationship. he felt awkward sleeping in Louis bed, even though Louis insisted his parents were cool about it.