The World of the Fallen

-Rated PG-13 for graphic violence. Amylivingmylife made my wonderful banner-

                                                          Prologue

Pain. That's all I felt now. Nothing else. Was this seemingly ever-lasting pain going to stop? No. The truth was that it's going to keep on coming in a never ending cycle. It was going to wash over me every time I closed my eyes, and never leave till I opened them again. All in all, this newly found companion was going to be by my side as long as I lived.

Is she awake yet?

No. The transformation isn't complete. She won't wake for a while.

Better make sure. This is just in case.

My dark world enveloped me again as I crept back into unconsciousness. She was waiting for me there with open arms. My only escape from this desolate planet. She grew faint again, and I knew my slumber was at its end. Just like my life.

Awaken, my dear.

I opened my eyes to reveal a pure white dragon in front of me. I rubbed my sore eyes to make sure I wasn't, somehow, back in the darkness.

I am quite real, child.

A soft feminine sound was emanating from the beast's lips. No, her mouth wasn't moving an inch. She was clearly speaking to me telepathically.

She's up?

A deep sound came from behind me. Turning around, I saw a pitch-black dragon rising high above my head.

Yes, the child has awakened.

Good. Do you think she's ready?

Silence crashed upon my ears. It was as if nobody had ever been talking in the first place. No more noise came to my ear drums. The blankness tortured my ears till at last there was relief.

Yes, I think she might be ready now.

I felt myself being lifted up, and then placed down upon a glorious black head.

My name is Lixioh, and I am at your every beck and call.The black one murmured.

What was this weird feeling stirring up inside of me? Was it the feeling of happiness?

There was something else inside of me. It was ripping at the very core of my being, trying to be set free. I felt myself being driven to the back of my mind as the last strand was opened.

I am Irrishinten, who will be there for you in times of need.The white one said.

Two dragons. Two beings. One sanctuary. This was how it all began. My story, and the story of the Shadows and Fallen.