Ch.2 Sinister Happenings

Fallen

Peter sighed, tired from all this paper work he himself had forced upon the council members.

"No... more..." Chris, the usually hyper one groaned. He was leaning back in his chair, and it looked like his life force was all drained.

"Ah! Chris is dying!" cried Diana, who started fanning the poor fellow.

"Just leave him be. He needs to exert all his energy into the paper work," Trishia chimed in. She was working diligently on her work. Diana continued fanning Chris, since it looked like he reallywoulddie.

Peter rubbed his forehead. Yes, all in a day's work.... Normally Fallen could do lots of this stuff, no problem, but the tasks the council had to do were getting piled up because the Shadows have recently been restless.

"Why do the Shadows have to make it so hard for us?!" Chris came back to life. He had a very amusing angry face, and Diana's confused expression in addition to his sudden recovery made Peter arch his eyebrows in amusement.

"Because they're rabid beasts who don't think," Peter answered him. Chris gave him a look.

"Oh, like that answer solvesallthe problems in the word," he said sarcastically.

"It should," Peter said, before going back to his work. The fact that he could read every miscellaneous thought his council members made was no help. Diana and Chris were chatting instead of doing their work, so Peter struggled with tuning out both sound frequencies.

I wonder if Chris is really alright....

Peter's such a meanie! I hope karma gets him back one day....

If those two don't shut up, I am going to hang them by their ears, cover them with chicken broth, go to the depths of hell, bring back the hellhounds, and watch in amusement as they try to get out of the way, fail, and get horribly torn apart, piece by piece.

"Trishia, I never knew you thought that way," Peter said before he could hold it back. Trishia flinched and looked up, her face quite not yet cured of her its startled state.

"Whoa! What did Trish think, Petey?!" Chris asked, teetering back and forth on his seat.

"The same thing I'm going to do if you insist on calling me that name," Peter growled.

"Trish, what'd you think?" Chris gave Trishia by far his absolute best puppy dog face by far. Trishia quickly looked away as if it would prevent her from getting affected.

"I'm not telling," she said in a snappy manner.

"Man, both of them are being grumpy today," Chris complained.

"I'm sure they'll get over it, let's just get back to work," Diana tried to persuade him.

Nice going Diana. Now if only Chris listened to what people told him.Peter heard Trishia think.

"Okay, back to work," Chris said, looking at the papers and marking them with his trusty red pen.

"What?!" Trishia and Peter both exclaimed, jumping up from their seats; their hands firm on their desks.

"Hm?" Chris asked, looking at them innocently.

"Nothing." Peter sat back down slowly. Trishia still had a confused look on her face, but she sat down and got back to work.

Strange....Trishia mimicked Peter's thoughts.

"Ah! Finally done!" Chris stretched and gathered his papers to take to the finished bin for Peter to review.