Jefferson

Fire swelled around the courtyard, with in five seconds Kate had charged full force at Lord Edgar. Her dress seemed to mimic and wrap around every on her movements, eliminated by her bright red flames. Though her dress seemed to repeatedly caught the eye of the handsome lord, it was her dark red hair and her glowing red eyes that made Lord Edgar hesitate with every flick of his flames. Lord Edgar clearly was good at fighting but his flame didn't represent his attitude. One's flame is an extension of his or hers power without the soul of the user, the flame is weak and useless.

Her voice was harsh in her mind. What's wrong Kate! Focus on the Fight. Come on now. Fight!

But Kate couldn't rip her eyes away from his fire.

Lord Edgar's flame it was different then another person I have met. Damn, no it can't be, his flame seems strangely... artificial? Lord Edgar charges. Shit.

Kate jumped and grabbed Lord Edgar's lush blonde hair as her flipped over him. The force she used made Lord Edgar stager and as he tried to regain balance, Kate spun around off the ground and tripped the seemingly perfect Lord. Kate jumped on her feet and watched as the Lord fell face first into the pavement of the courtyard. Kate stood there for a second to listen to her classmates gasp in awe. When the mumbling seemed to settle, Kate looked around eyes blaring with a bright flame, she scanned the area looking for the wielder of "Lord Edgar" Flame. Just like a dog Kate, was able to pinpoint the magic current to the Vic principal of the Fire Catacombs, Jefferson.

Jefferson was a lengthy, man with shaggy black hair that seemed to barley touch his neck. Jefferson and Kate were never on good terms, since the Principal, Lord Aston, seemed to adore Kate for "no good reason". His eyes looked triumphant until they made contract with Kate's. The next thing Jefferson seemed to notice was a devilish smile appearing on Kate's young face, her teeth pearl white in the dark courtyard. Soon the color in Jefferson's face disappeared as Kate began to talk with a song humming in her voice.

"Oh, dear me, look what I have done. Oh, dear me, look at my luck. No it wasn't, oh, no it wasn't skill. It was it was just by chance. For me, yes me, to see, through the black mask, and find it at last. The fraud that's here has help that lurks inside thy greatest bush."

Everyone started to the direction Kate so garishly spoke too, behind a column was Jefferson. The students were uneasy as Jefferson slowly walked over to Kate, placing one foot in front of the other. Jefferson had dark and, unnatural red eyes. The seniors, who have been on the battlefield, were afraid of him and his eyes.

Finally after what seemed like minutes Jefferson reached a smiling Kate. His thin lips were almost nonexistent, as he had drawn them into his mouth, a sign of irritation and failure. "Kate, you are a smart child, but I needed to test your strength..." before he could finish Kate cut in a dark chuckle as she stared at her so-called challenger. "I was instructed by Principle Aston, himself to" his voice was now deep as her turned around handing Kate a golden letter "send a squad of four students on an 'total demolish' mission" his voice cracked with pain for the next few words, "with me as the instructor and you... as the..." his shoulders slummed down a little, "leader".

Jefferson left everyone on the courtyard in astonishment, not because he was acting depressed but because Kate the most reckless and destructive person at the school AS THE LEADER OF A FOUR MAN TEAM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note and Background:

Kate never gets to go on group mission cause she ends up getting mad and going on a rampage destroying everything. The only good thing is it's a "Total demolish" mission.

Oh and Kate doesn't have any friends to go on the mission with her.

Plz comment about if you want Kate to have a love interested (or someone in love with her).

i