Chapter 6

I nodded and looked away from his eyes. He rolled onto his back and pulled me on top of him so I was laying on his chest. His hands were warm against my waist and his touch sent tingles through me. One of my hands gripped the sheets tightly in uncertainty, and I knew that inside I was still scared of him more than I wanted to admit.  

"So what exactly do you want me to explain?" He asked, one of his hands coming up to play with my hair.  

"Everything." I said, my other hand resting on his chest. He sighed.  

"I'm not sure where I should start... I'm assuming you know what I am?" He said, his eyes flickering up to stare into mine.  

"I have a pretty good idea." I whispered.  

"So what do you think I am?" He asked.  

"Some type of werewolf or... Shape-shifter." I replied, looking anywhere but his eyes. To avoid making eye contact with him, I rested my head on his chest in the crook of his neck. I could hear his heart beating under me, and I felt his sigh. 

"Yes, I'm a werewolf. But you shouldn't be afraid of me. I could never hurt you even if I tried." He said. 

"Why?" I asked, thinking he had made that last part up just to make me more comfortable around him.  

"Because you are my mate. My other half." He said, his arms tightening around me.  

"How?" I asked in confusion.  

"When one of our kind comes in contact with our mate, we are instantly aware of it. It's a very strong and unmistakable feeling." He said.  

"Kind of like imprinting?" I asked, mentally slapping myself when I let those words slip out. I wished I had never read Twilight.  

"What's that?" He asked.  

"Nothing, never mind." I said with a blush.  

"Well anyway, when you... When you tell me to do something, or order me away from you, I-I can't refuse. I have to obey." He admitted, his jaw tightening.  

"So if I told you not to come near me again, why are you here?" I asked, though I knew I was happy that he was here.  

"You said never to come near you again, and I didn't come near you. You came near me. So I just gladly accepted it." He said with a light laugh.  

"Oh." I said, not knowing what else to say. When his fingertips brushed across a strip of exposed skin on my lower back, warmth shot through me and I remembered the night that we had spent together on this bed. Now I was tempted by just being this close to him. My whole body trembled with desire, but apparently he was unaware. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to ignore it, but the memories were still there. I wished I could push them away right now. This wasn't the moment to do that. When I just imagined what he looked like as a wolf, those thoughts were instantly pushed away. I wasn't going to tell him this, but I was still far from trusting him. He needed to prove that he wouldn't hurt me. I knew he may not do it intentionally, but what if he couldn't help it? He could certainly kill things... I pushed that thought away and pushed off of his chest, sitting next to him instead. He grunted as he sat up, and then his eyes looked into mine. I was frozen in his gaze, and he leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt his lips move against mine. I felt him pull away briefly, and my eyes fluttered open to see him tossing his t-shirt onto the floor. Then his lips quickly found mine again, and I pulled myself closer to him, ignoring the fact that my heart was beating rapidly in fear. When I felt his hands moving my shirt up, his hands brushed my skin and a growl escaped his throat. I quickly pushed him away as fast as I could, feeling embarrassed that that one little growl had scared the crap out of me. He saw the fear in my eyes before I could erase it, and his expression turned into one of disappointment and sadness.