Percy I

Percy wandered in the woods next to camp. Something felt wrong after Tartarus. Well, other than the fact that he had literally been to hell. He felt like some kind of monster was inside of him, trying to claw its way up to the surface.

He'd been trying to hide it, but he had been having sudden urges to plunge Riptide into random people. Just the day before, while he was talking with Annabeth, a voice had sounded in his mind: Kill her. Take your sword and kill her. He wasn't sure it was from but it terrified him that a part of him wanted to kill his own girlfriend, and the fact that he felt a bit compelled to do it didn't help.

He sighed. He would have to tell someone, but he was afraid of what would happen. Would the other campers resent him? What would the gods do? What would Annabeth think? The questions worried him, mainly the last one. Finally, deciding he needed someone to talk to, he went to see Chiron.

He walked to the Big House, passing campers whose waves and smiles he reluctantly returned. It wasn't that he wasn't happy to see them; it was that he didn't want to worry them. He reached the big blue building and walked inside to see Chiron playing pinochle with invisible players. Mr. D was up on Olympus, his role as camp director temporarily unoccupied. The gods were discussing what to do if another war ever raged, which Percy really hoped wouldn't happen.

Kill him! a voice hissed. Percy would have been surprised, except this was the sixth time it happened. No way, he thought back. He walked over to the old centaur. "Hey, Chiron," he greeted.

"Ah, Percy, what can I do for you?" he asked. The invisible players vanished suddenly, their cards dropping onto the table. Chiron frowned as if disturbed by this. "Strange, they only disappear when ordered to. Oh well, I was did not have any good cards anyway. So what brings you here?"

"Oh, um..." Percy couldn't continue, his head felt like it were splitting. If you aren't going to kill him, I'll kill him myself! the voice growled. "Percy! Are you alright?" Percy could hear Chiron calling him. He remembered dropping onto the floor and hearing a voice that was definitely not his laugh before he lost consciousness.

So, um...that was short, wasn't it? Well, I'm not exactly a great writer, but I tried.

-Destiny (Not my real name but I'm too lazy to type my entire username)