Bite Me | Four [Empathy]

Bite Me | Four

[Crystal Castles – Empathy]

[A/N DON’T GET CONFUSED!!!… Alice’s PoV- then Mystery person- then back to Alice’s]

“Do you trust me?” Tony questioned skeptically to me in the driver seat of his car.

     I thought over his question in my mind wondering what the hell he was going on about. “Umm…” I started, wondering how I should answer that. “What do you mean when you say ‘trust’?” I answered just as skeptically, hoping that he didn’t take it the wrong way or something and go all anal on me. This was a pretty confined car…

     “Do you or don’t you. I just don’t want you to start freaking out when we start to head to the place…”

     “I trust you enough for one date…?” This was a weird line of inquiry. I thought for a moment and I could hear Tony chuckling at my answer. “How about this; we’ll try this out, and if I’m not too freaked out, we could have another.” I nodded my head, thinking it was a good plan.

     “Just as long as you don’t jump out of a moving car?”

     I looked over at him with pursed lips. “You do realize that this isn’t helping your case, right? Now, I totally think that you’re going to be kidnapping me or something…”

     “I think I may have just realized that.” He nodded his head and bit his lip. He blinked at me for a moment before turning to the road.

     “So, where are we headed too?”

     I could see his lip quirk upwards quickly in amusement before going back to neutral. “I don’t know?” he said with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

     “Hopefully this isn’t a clichéd date…” I told him straight.

     “Darn, there went my plans.” He sighed and shook his head jokingly. “I was totally going for a lunch and movie deal…” he looked over at me slyly. “Maybe ending the date with a kiss and a grope?” he waggled his eyebrows at me and I just laughed at him.

     I stopped the laughter suddenly and said with a straight face “no.”

     “Awww,” he pouted. “Don’t be such a party pooper. I chuckled at him lightly and shook my head in disbelief. The car went into silence for a moment and as I looked out the window, I just let my mind wander. Suddenly, I knew what Tony was doing- why he wasn’t telling me where we were going exactly.

     “AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaah… I see what’s going on.” I looked back through the windshield at the landscape. “It’s a surprise then… cool.”

     “So, you like surprises?” he sounded taken back by my answer.

     I snorted a laugh. “If you can surprise me.” I shrugged my shoulder like it was no big thing. I already had an idea of where we were headed. We were traveling west on one of the roads that led out of town. The car zoomed past foliage of impossible heights that canopied over the car in arcs all down the road. The canopy gave sparse, flickering light as the foliage opened and then was met by other trees. We were headed to the beach, I was sure of it.

     “I take that as a challenge, Alice.” Tony said with a smirk and pressed down lightly onto the gas, making the car go a bit quicker to our destination.

     I sat back and looked out the window. It had seemed like forever since I came out this way. May would always bring me when she went on little family outings when we were kids. We had done it all the way until she turned sixteen… but, then, it suddenly stopped. For some reason, her family just stopped going on these escapades into the mountains or to the flat lands or to the beach. And, now that I was headed back to- most likely- one of the places that we visited together, I missed them all. I missed the memories that we had made just a year ago. I could just imagine sitting in the vary back seat, bothering Levi and laughing with May. Gossiping about Logan and his rudeness towards me, messing with little Timmy. It seemed like a memory that was now place behind glass. Something that I could no longer take out and add to.