No Place

We walked till our legs grew tired and numb and we kept walking till we couldn't feel our feet anymore. We had just come from a battle, not knowing that that battle was going to be our last.. One by one, we fell marching to the next battle, keeping the enemy, the savages that just wanted to see destruction and sorrow and infested half the country side till they wore at our doorstep, from killing civilians. We urged our king to fight back, but it was too late as they killed him, so we killed and erased them from this earth. We pushed them back as far as we could. Until the civilians escaped, we fought endless hordes of enemies to make sure they were safe, but there came a day when the sea was filled with blood and we failed to hold them off. They killed many and captured others. After we buried our fallen, we set off to get our people who were taken captive. Battle after battle, we fought, our numbers fading after each camp and outpost we destroyed. The captives were slaves and travelers that were captured, but they were our people. So we set many free, but I wouldn't be satisfied till they were all free from these savages' tyranny. We kept marching onward to battle, but the last battle had taken a significant toll on us. Nevertheless, we marched on, braving and enduring the exhaustion and fatigue. It was up to me, my brother and our good friend, who was like a brother to us. We were the only ones left marching and had no energy remaining in our bodies. We were literally on the brink of death.
We stopped and rested at this old temple that was in ruins. My brothers fainted so I carried them through it till I found a room that was cool. In that room, my brothers regained what strength they had left, knowing that at any moment our bodies were going to give out and we were going to die. My heart was consumed by rage, my friend's heavy with sorrow, and my brother's filled with pain. We couldn't free our people, we didn't avenge our fallen brothers in arms, and we didn't even kill all of the savages that plagued our land. We all assumed the positions of fallen soldiers, killed by endless battles with one knee on the ground, a spear in one hand with the flat bottom on the earth held by a firm grip, a sword in one hand with the tip pointed at the earth, shield edge touching earth, heads tilted to the ground as to show death the respect it deserved as we greeted it willingly.