2 | teasing

"To Love is to destroy, and to be loved is to be destroyed." - j a c e

I s l a

DON'T ASK ME why I'm sitting in detention right now. Don't ask me any questions till I tell you exactly happened. It all started like this...

"Penrose, over here!"

Over the crowd of students, it wasn't difficult to find the red haired girl I call my best friend. She was pretty tall compared to the other students and with her dull purple lipstick and dark eye shadow among the students in our black and white uniform, she stood out like a blue whale among a school of green fish.

She walked over to me, leaning against the wall of lockers as I pull out my books and worksheets. "Hey."

"Hey. You seem excited to come to school, Miss Enthusiasm. We have no PE today and I'm free to go to the shops with you this avo so you should be happy...and on a duller note, uh, what's up with the smudged eye liner look, have I not taught you well?"

Oh, my smudged eye liner look? I was so busy this morning, trying to perfect my eye liner because I was totally not crying over the fact that Callum is back at Beacon Hill's High and ruining my dreams of living a long life...

"I'm just tired, Jenny, I had a long night and - "

" - and she got viral on Instagram," a male voice chirps.

I prayed for it not to be, I begged for mercy, but the voice was too distinctive, low and husky. Turning my head just enough to look up, I see three boys, arms hooked over each others's shoulders. And all three of them I somewhat recognise. Especially the middle one - curly brown hair that still looked good despite it being so dishevelled which matched perfectly with his hazel eyes and pale complexion and did I mention the perfect jaw-line? Yeah, you know who it is...

Callum. Justin. Hayes. Somebody kill me, if you may.

"Oh and what have we got here? Freckles with a side dish of human?" Noah - I think his name was - adds, two irritatingly-adorable-dimples forming in his cheeks.

"What have we got here? An narcissistic asshole and two slaves to hold his hair back while he gets a manicure or something?" Jenny retorts, crossing her arms over her stomach in satisfaction.

"Thanks for noticing my perfectly shaped nails, but it's all natural unlike you, bitch," Callum grins and pushes up the sleeves of his school shirt. He wasn't wearing proper school uniform - the proper school uniform was grey pants, a white button-down shirt, black polished shoes, the school's labelled bag and a tie for boys whereas although he wore the school's shirt, he wore black skinny jeans, a beanie, a red Lonsdale bag with his skateboard sticking out, converse which seemed to be moulding and was missing his tie. Rebel.

Before Jenny was going to burst into a flame of rage, I throw my arms between them and looked up to Callum, frowning. "Hayes, what do you want?

"Me? Oh nothing, but my friends here, Noah and Jacob wanted to say that you almost got 200 likes on Instagram and may I say, somehow got to Facebook and Snapchat too?"

"What? You can't be serious! I hate you! You three asshats, that is beyond my privacy! This is a form of cyber-bullying and it is not nice to just take a picture of somebody and post it on social media without my permission. Now, can you guys please apologize and delete it off your page?"

By the time I finished my beautifully said speech, Callum's, Noah's, Jacob's and even Jenny's eyes had glazed.

"I'm sorry, did you say something? I was too busy trying to process how ugly you are," Jacob The Blondie said, smirking.