XO

"Hi, Mr. Iero" Patrick addressed.

"Hey Patty." Mr. Iero responded with a hint of a New Jersey accent that made my knees feel weak. Mr. Iero kept his eyes glued to me, as if he was staring straight into my soul. I chewed on my lip shyly and hid my face behind my black fringe as I shyly stared at the ground.

I listened to Patrick explain what happened to Mr. Iero and I continued to chew on my lip and stare at the ground. I tucked my hands into my jean pockets and let my lip go from the harsh grip of my teeth. I vaguely heard Patrick say his goodbyes and gently pat my shoulder as he walked away. As soon as the footsteps echoes disappeared, I felt strong calloused fingers grab my chin to make me look up.

"I'm so sorry..." Mr. Iero whispered.
"You don't deserve that.. Don't listen to them, they know nothing about you, okay?" He finished with a soft smile as he pushed my fringe out of my face softly. I feel my cheeks heat up, and my eyes widen at his actions.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly, leaving his hand on my reddening cheek and looking deep into my eyes.

"Y-yeah.." I say quietly, my voice cracking a little bit. Mr. Iero frowned a little, and took his hand away from my face.

"Come here." Mr. Iero said, opening his arms for a hug, and I quickly oblige. His strong arms wrap around me and I feel safe and warm. I feel tears roll down my cheeks as I sob quietly into his shoulder. He softly rubbed my back soothingly and mumbled quiet apologies into my ear.

After what seemed like forever, we broke apart from each other and I wiped my eyes.

"Th-thank you Mr. Iero.." I mumble quietly.

He reached forward and wiped a tear from my eye and with a sad smile he said:
"You can call me Frank, sweetie. And don't worry about it. After all, pretty girls shouldn't cry."

---------------------------
Hi.

-blue_skies_26