Islamophobia

Islamophobia

ɪzˌlaməˈfəʊbɪə/

noun

dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force

As a Muslim this is a topic that I am very passionate about and after recent events, has piqued the interest of the young audience.I want to first say that I do not understand islamophobia. I don't think it's correct for people to judge an entire religion for the actions of a relatively small group of people. What people do in the Middle East does not define the ethics of the rest of the religion.

Also if the IS believe something it doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of he religion believes in it too. For example within Christianity there are many different points of view within that religion.

If someone wears a Niqab it doesn't mean that they are a terrorist. They are most likely a humble Muslim practising modesty. It's important that we don't judge people on what they look like.

I know many Muslim friends who are now afraid to wear their scarf outside. They are all wonderful girls who have been completely judged by their appearance.

Also I believe that the media doesn't accurately display what is happening around the world, they dramatize some events and completely ignore others. People everywhere are dying everyday but as soon as the attacks get a bit closer to home, all tv stations are reporting it.

Tell me what you think about IS/islamophobia

Speak your thoughts and let them fly