Nostalgia

(Frank's POV)

"Don't worry Frankie, they'll love you." Gerard smiles wide as we grabbed our luggages from the trunk of his car. "Plus, Mikey's here with his boyfriend too. So I know the next week won't be so bad." His voice was reassuring and soft. Almost as if he were talking to a child on his very first day of school. "Trust me, you'll be fine."

"It's not like you gave me a choice anyway, Geeturd." I smirk at him, trying to seem like I didn't want to get back in the car and speed off back to our home in Florida. Jersey never seemed to feel like home to me, despite the fact that I was conceived and born here. My mom didn't even let me take my first steps on Jersey soil before moving to Florida. All I know is, I want to go back home.

Gerard opens the front door of the large two story home. Not giving me a single second to compose myself. What an ass. If it weren't for the fact that he was my adorable geeky fiance, he'd be soo dead right now. "Hi everyone!" He says as he closed the door behind him and waving to the small crowd of people sitting in the cozy living room.

Almost everyone in the room stands to greet Gerard, with wide smiles and a warm hug all while I stood behind him. It wasn't until Mikey stood up that he noticed something. "Hey, where's Frank? He didn't want to come?" Mikey frowns for a moment until Gerard steps aside revealing me, standing awkwardly behind him. I can feel my cheeks flourish to a bright red and Mikey immediately laughs, with Ray not too far behind. Fuck my life..

"Wow Frank, aren't you a little old to be hiding behind the big kids?" Mikey teases as he greeted me with a hug.

"Shut it, Michael." The woman next to Gerard commands. "Finally nice to meet the famous Frank, that Gerard never shuts up about." She smiles at me and engulfs me into a tight embrace. "Call me, Donna." The man next to her, who I already assume is Gerard's dad puts out his hand and I shake it. "Donald."

After awkwardly greeting the rest of Gerard's family, he led me downstairs to his old room. Which was decently sized but crowded with all of his childhood things, even more from his adolescence. Comic books, action figures, and CDs were piled and scattered everywhere, especially on the floor. Sketches and large band posters covered most of the walls. It was almost as if Gerard had never left. "Jeez, I was a slob. I didn't think it would be this bad." Gerard meekishly smiles at me. "I'll clean it up before we go to bed." Now that I think about it, Gerard hasn't changed much from his younger years. Aside from the fact that he was a bit more organized, except for when he goes on a 'zine craze'. That's when the somewhat organized area of his room becomes a catastrophe of balled up pieces of paper.

"Don't worry about it." I chuckle. "I'm fine with your extreme slobbiness."

Gerard rolls his eyes just before throwing himself on the queen sized bed in the corner of the room. "I'm fucking exhausted." He states before hugging the peculiar pink pillow at the head of the bed.

"You always are." I say as I continue to figure out where to put my bags. Now that I think about it, he hasn't slept much in the past couple of days. He's been busy with alot lately and most of the time he refuses to tell me about whatever it is that he's doing. Nonetheless, I've seen him in worse situations with a much better outcome. Even when I beg him to go see some kind of doctor, he never listens. "The flight was only two and a half hours. Don't be such a pansy." Gerard laughs but remains silent. The room quickly gets awkward as soon as Gerard falls asleep. So instead of standing there, I make myself useful and begin to organize the room. To be honest, I don't think I'll be able to stand being out there with his family without Gerard... Despite the fact that they were the nicest people ever, I wouldn't even know what to say to them.

It takes about an hour and a half to finish cleaning Gerard's room. I didn't really throw anything away, since I knew nothing about all the history that was behind every single item in this room. Especially all of the piles of balled up pieces of sketching paper, that I may or may not have opened up to see what might have been going through his mind in the midst of every considered mistake. Most of which held sketches and ideas for one of his oldest works, On Raven's Wings. I remember he mentioned something about it a year ago or so, but he never went into full detail. Every other piece of paper seemed to contain a mindless sketch. By the time I'm done, Gerard wakes up drowsy and confused as I placed the last box of notebooks inside his closet. "What happened to my room?" He asks, running both of his hands through his choppy light brown hair.