PROLOGUE

"I am sorry to say this Andra, you will have to be strong to listen to this news."

Dr.Cooper told me, as I sat in his cabin clutching my knees with sweaty hands. He is Ryan's close friend and also the doctor who operated him.

I bit down on my bottom lip with my head bowed down and nodded my head encouraging him to continue with the news he wanted to give me. Judging by his somber expression, and the thick dark clouds outside the window that had covered the once clear blue sky,  I was sure there was something seriously wrong with this day.

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke the words I wish I had never heard .

"Your husband may not be able to walk again..."

Those words fell on me like thousand bricks. It took time for me to process them and the meaning it carried, but when I did, It crushed me into pieces and...

"As you know, he has had multiple strokes within a year's time , and this has created havoc with his nervous system. He wont be able to do his daily chores by himself and... I am sorry to say this, but he will have to...start wearing adult diapers." he took his time with those words.

I just sat there not being able to process what the doctor had just said. My Ryan...Oh dear god!

"He will not be able to carry himself. He will need complete attention and care."

I gulped, tears streaming down my face continuously.

"I will try my level best Andra, I am not going to give up on him yet. I will try my level best to help him get back to normal. I have already contacted a few doctors over his case, and I have sent them the reports. They will get back to me once they find out what they can do to help. He will get the best medical support, I will make sure of that." He said, trying to build hope and courage in me.

I just nodded my head in response with my eyes cast down. I felt numb all over.

" Andy, I have a patient to attend to, you can leave my cabin once you are ready." he said and walked away in a swift motion to his next patient.

"Common Andy, what are my legs there for" Ryan laughed, as he carried me bridal style towards our bedroom.

"Put me down Ryan, this is not funny" I yelled, as I threw punches on his chest which ceased to have any effect on him.

He kicked our bedroom door and led us inside. He made me sit on the bed and knelt down on the floor. He cupped my face and said,"I will never put you down, I will hold onto you until my last breath Andra, this is my word to you. I know you are angry on me, but I will wipe it all away within a few minutes " he said looking into my eyes with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

" Move another inch Ryan, and I swear I will break your bones." I  said, pointing my finger at him in a threatening way. Ryan as usual did not listen to this, and grabbed me by my hair and smashed his lips over mine .

"Oh God no, please don't do this to him!"
I cried out letting go of all the pain I had bottled up inside me. The empty room did nothing than to echo my pain back to me.

"God, please..."

I sat there in his cabin crying for hours until I mustered up courage and carried myself out of the room to see Ryan. To see my husband. My love.