Chapter 8 "Piggy Back Rides"

Levi's POV

I heard Shay's soft, even breathing and I smiled at her. She had fallen asleep. I was admiring her facial features when she suddenly shifted and wrapped her arms around my neck. I was shocked but happy. She's getting more comfortable with me.

I inwardly smirked. If she got too comfortable, I just might be able to catch her, once and for all. The position we were in started to get uncomfortable so I laid down and pulled her on top of me, that way she wouldn't move her arms from around my neck.

She tightened her hold and I chuckled. She reminded me of a koala. Cute yet aggressive. I stroked her hair until I fell into the land of dreams.

In the morning, I surprisingly woke up before she did. I slid out of her embrace and tried not to wake her up. I went to bathroom and took a shower, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. When I went to check on her, her face was in a sheen layer of sweat. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I pressed my hand to her forehead.

I sucked my teeth and pulled my hand back. She's sick. It's no surprise, she was sitting in the rain for god knows how long. We had to go school today but I guess we're staying home. I have to let Lola know.

I got a cloth from the bathroom and wet it with cold water then put it on her forehead. Her face relaxed and I smiled. I pulled the cover off of her so she wouldn't get too hot. I decided it was time to call Lola and I pulled out my phone. On the second ring, she answered.

"Levi, what's up?"

"Yeah, I'm in a bit of a situation. Can you skip today and head over?"

"Yeah, I'll be over in a little bit."

"Levi..." Shay whined from the living room. I covered my phone and answered her.

"Hold on a sec, I'm coming."

"Levi, who was that? Was that Shay? Oh my god-"

"Goodbye, I'll see you when you get here." I rushed and ended the call.

I walked into the living room and nearly had a heart attack. Shay was stripping out of her clothes. "Shay, what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm hot..." She whined trying to take off her shirt.

I ran over to her and stopped her before the shirt went over her head. "I'll turn on the A.C., just keep your clothes on, okay?" I said slowly like I was speaking to a child.

She pouted and nodded. She looked so goddamn adorable and kissable but then she'd probably really hate me if I did kiss her. There were so many times that I had wanted to. She never really realized how hopelessly in love I am with her.

I snapped out of my trance and laid her back down then placed the cold cloth back on her forehead. I turned the AC on and I heard the doorbell ring. I went to the door but not before making sure Shay didn't get up. I opened the door and on the other side stood Lola with a shit eating grin on her face.

I rolled my eyes and stepped aside. "Come in."

"Gladly. Where is she?"

"On the couch. I'll explain to you what happened since she's not exactly in the state to do so." Lola raised an eyebrow but she made her way to the living room.

"Levi, where is she?"

"She's on the couch like I said." I said coming around the corner.

"No, she's not." I saw Lola standing by an empty couch and I cursed.

"I'll go look for her." I said and went upstairs.

She wasn't in the bathroom or the guest room. The washing room, either. So that only left...my room. I slowly opened my door and saw Shay curled up on my bed. I sat on the bed and shook her shoulder.