uno

Liam sat at the table blinking slowly before taking another sip of his coffee. He glanced at the clock, only a few minutes before he woke up his son Michael.

He took a couple more sips before finishing his coffee setting it in the kitchen sink before heading upstairs to the small flat. He walked up the steps buttoning his light blue shirt that had a name tag on the side, underneath it read Horan's Mechanic Shop. Yes he was a mechanic, basically one of the many things he's good at, this job did pay well for himself and his 4 year old.

He worked for his best friend Niall, ever since Michael was born Liam had to grow up pretty fast and find a job that would make sure his son had everything he needs. Niall saw that he was struggling as a single father so he helped him on his feet, gave him money and offered him to work for him at his company

Of course he agreed, this was for him and his little boy. He opened the door to the light green room, he smiled at the little lump in the race car bed. He walked over slowly getting on his knee to shake the boy slightly.

He watched as his son's eyes fluttered for a few seconds before he was met with a pair of familiar bright dough brown eyes staring back at him.

Liam kissed his forehead taking the covers off him. He helped him sit up to get the boy out of his sleepy mode, Liam leaned over to the nightstand grabbing the pair of hearing aids turning them on.

He gently helped Michael slide them both in his ears waiting for his son to give him a sign that they were on, he watched his son's small pale hand give him a thumb up and a sleepy smile

Liam grins both talking and signing, "Morning, you have a good dream?" Michael nods his brown curls bouncing in reply, he moves his fingers signing back a bit slower considering he was half asleep. 'I had a dream that you and me we're ninja turles'

Liam chuckled, "That's cool, lets go to the bathroom real quick" he says signing.

Michael nods stumbling a little to the bathroom making Liam snort. He moved to the edge of the bed to make sure he was getting on the toilet properly, and also to make sure he didn't fall asleep again.

Yes his son hearing aids, when he was a baby Liam noticed that as he developed he didn't babble as much as a baby should. Then he noticed that he didn't exactly look at you when you would talk directly at him.

So Liam took him to the doctors and he found out Michael had abnormally low hearing in both his ears, but he wasn't deaf.

Because of that they had to wait til Michael was 8 months old to get fitted for his first pair of hearing aids. Liam remembered when the doctor finally placed them on the squirming baby. The doctor had instructed Liam to talk and when he said the baby's name, much to his surprise he immediately looked at Liam.

It brought tears to everyone once Liam kept doing it because Michael would clap and smile widely. Since then he had to learn sign language for his son, yeah he could laugh, yeah he could make the noises that meant yes and no but he doesn't talk at all.

Yet Liam is still waiting for the day where he would hear him say Dad or Daddy without using his fingers

Liam was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the toilet flush and Michael walking out looking more awake now. Liam quickly washed him and laid out the clothes for him to wear today. Liam got the jeans and shoes out but would always let Mike choose his shirts, of course he chose the classic batman shirt.

Since it was a little chilly today Liam slid a grey long sleeved shirt on the boy before placing the batman tee on.

Liam brushed his curls making them look less wild then usually but when he picks him up from school it looks like he woke up from a 2 day nap and a huge grin on his face