Chapter 1

Prologue :The city that had fallen has been rebuilt ,and so have we. All of us had been cured for over ten years now and yet something is still ........Wrong. Though most of us have forgotten those terrible days, and what its like. I'm not entirely sure we're completely cured. There are things that have stayed, I can still smell things that I shouldn't , hear things....want things. These things  don't concern me as much, I can live with them, but Julie.... I don't know If she can. Ever since we got married a lot of hate has been shown towards us, and ever since then I can feel that...that feeling inside of me. That all too familiar feeling starting to brew in the pit of my stomach. I know that most people don't know Julie and me personally. And if they hate then let them, but all I have to know is that Julie is my hero always has been and always will be........
                                     ***

R'S POV

"Hey, tell me... are you feeling well? are you okay?" Julie throws me with a questioning glance as I sit on our bed.

I give a tired sigh "Yeah i'm fine." She looks into my eyes, Im pretty sure that even with my tired face on she can see through my act, I try not to look her in the eyes but fail. She moves one of her hands to my cheek and the other under my chin.

"I know you're not fine... Don't lie, now tell me whats wrong." She asks this while tilting her head sideways.

"I-I-I" I can't form the words on my tongue, how will I tell her? Will she get mad? I mentally slap my self for being an idiot. We're married for god's sake! I'm going to have to tell her anyhow, I decide at that moment that I can't keep hiding this. I look into her beautiful blue eyes and tell her....

"You know I love you right?" She smiles

"Well Yeah I do" she laughs, but looks at me with a hint of worry in her now darker blue eyes. I sigh deeply and stand up in frustration.

"I'm sorry so so sorry but........." I turn to her and pulled down the collar of my shirt, right at the top of my chest where the neck starts were veins, an ominous hue of black and blue ,and my already pale skin whiter than the freshest patch of snow. I stood there looking at her....

JULIE'S POV

"Holy shit!" I can't believe my eyes, he stood in front of me, his face masked in worry.

"I-I don't know........ How..But..Whhhy??!!" I start crying, something I don't like doing.My brain was not corresponding at that time, my shock is beyond the atmosphere of this planet. He lets go of his collar and hugs me. This hug makes me feel the most secure i've been in months ,although I just got this news.....

"Jule....I'm so sorry, I can't promise you that ill be safe,that this will be cured,or that other people will not get this ,but I do promise you one thing......" I look up at him with my tear stained face.

"What"

"I promise you that what ever happens we will work through this.....you and me, you're my hero and I hope to be your's too, we stick together and we fight this." I nod and let silent tears fall. I can't show weakness now! he lets go and walks over to his side of the bed I trail behind him and get into my side. as I turn of the lights I look at him and give him a chaste kiss, he smiles and pulls me closer.

"Goodnight jules"

"Night R" and with those last words I wait for him to fall asleep.