Chapter 13

Every Rose Has its Thorn

Roses:

"Wait, the current relationship will be short?" Victoria's head spun, everything seemed to echo.

"He's a talented person who thrives on sharing his creativity with the world. A tough ending is near."

"Jiyong?" Victoria turned and saw Jiyong's beautiful face smiling. He pouted his lip and caressed her cheek with his hand. "Ji, what's happening?"

To her surprise, he laughed. "What do you think is happening? I'm leaving you."

"What?" A tear trickled down her cheek. "You can't mean that! You just told me you love me. The night we just shared together, you can't throw all that away!"

"Don't you remember? We are different, and new people will be coming to separate us, people that are better for us."

"No! None of that was real, you can't believe any of that!" Victoria went to throw her arms around him, to never let him go, but he vanished before she could touch him and made her hug air. "Ji! Jiyong!"

"Don't worry, I'm still here. For now." He reappeared behind her, making her jump. "There will be betrayal."

"No there won't."

"Lots of betrayal."

"Stop it!"

"I won't love you forever." Jiyong's voice became venomous and his grin turned evil. "It's too late to just leave me now. It's only a matter of time until I hurt you."

"You would never do that, I know you!" Victoria reached for him again but he stepped back. "I love you, Jiyong. Whatever is supposed to happen, I won't let it. I won't let it happen! I won't let you leave me!"

"Betrayal." He spat, his eyes turning dark.

"What kind of betrayal?"

"You know," Jiyong suddenly pulled her into his arms and stroked her hair, "The kind of betrayal that hurts a human heart the most."

"I would never do that to you." Victoria mumbled as she cried, clutching onto his shirt.

"I know." He cooed her, but his hold didn't feel like it should. It felt like she were touching someone completely different, someone who cared nothing for her. "But that doesn't mean I won't."

"No! You wouldn't!" Victoria pulled away and shook his shoulders but his expression was completely blank and emotionless. "You're not like that. The Jiyong I know wouldn't."

He tucked a piece of her suddenly black hair behind her ear. She looked at it, why was it black? Why was it black? He kissed her forehead then looked down with his face now level with hers and said cheerfully, "A tough ending is near."

"No, there's not."

"A tough ending is near." He repeated.

"No there's not!" Fear struck the pit of her stomach as she backed away from him.

"A tough ending is near."

"Stop it, Jiyong." Her hand clutched her stomach and she fell to her knees, tears flooding her eyes.

"A tough ending is near." He continued to taunt her. He was standing over her now, repeating the same words over and over, his voice growing louder and meaner. It was as if he were deliberately making her pain worse and wanted it even worse. She broke down crying, making him continue until she was curled up in a ball at his feet. "A tough ending is near."