Chapter 2

The concert came to an end, and Billie and Maddy managed to get to the barricade. Alex looked at them the whole time, and it was the best night of both of their lives. They emerged from the actual area they were holding the concert and into the lobby, the two girls almost in tears. They had done it. The adolescents saw their heroes, while one of them hit on Billie. She couldn’t have asked for more.

“Oh my GOD. That was so amazing; I can’t believe that just happened!” Exclaimed Billie to Maddy. The girls had not, of course, forgotten about the invitation, and were wondering exactly where to go when a figure suddenly stood before them, wearing a hood. Alex looked sheepish as he led them to some hidden stairs in the venue and into a small room.

It was then that it hit Billie. She was standing in a room with Alex, Jack, Rian, Zack, Vinny, Jeff, Evan, and Matt. Alex possibly had a crush on her (even though there was no way he was going to admit it) and she was in this wonderful mess with her best friend.  She may have even teared up a bit.

The room had a plush purple couch and a few bean bags around it, everyone drinking some sort of alcohol. Billie and Maddy chose the couch, denying any alcohol that was offered.

“So…are you guys from here?” Asked Alex, who was sitting on one of the beanbags across from them.  You could definitely tell that he was a bit awkward and shy around the stunning girls.

“Um, we’re about an hour away. But yes, we are from London.” Answered Maddy, barely able to keep her excitement.

“Oh! That’s awesome. I come from London as well…Well, if you count 7 years,” Alex laughed. Billie laughed too and added, “Of course we do!”

Little did Billie and Maddy know that Billie’s mother was about to crash through the door and break up the get together, otherwise they would not have reluctantly accepted the beers Matt insisted on giving them.

It was after they both took their first sip, wincing at the taste that Billie’s mum busted in, her face tinted with a reddish hue. She took one look at the girls with beer in their hands and surrounded by men in their twenties, and started yelling in fury. The girls’ stomachs dropped. They could only imagine how bad this must’ve looked; two teenage girls drinking beer with guys in a band. Billie’s mother yelled and yelled.

“MADDY AND BILLIE. JUST WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING? THESE MEN ARE TWICE YOUR AGE AND YOU ARE DRINKING BEER? HOW DARE YOU. I RAISED YOU BOTH BETTER THAN THIS. BILLIE, YOU ARE GROUNDED, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SEE MADDY EVER AGAIN IF THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING. YOUR FATHER WILL BE SO DISAPPOINTED! AND MADDY; YOUR MOTHER WILL SURE AS HELL GROUND YOU WHEN I TAKE YOU HOME. ARE YOU DRUNK? WE ARE GOING HOME. NOW.” And then she rounded on the rock stars.

“AND YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING, INVITING TWO 15 YEAR OLD GIRLS TO HAVE ALCOHOL IN SOME DODGY ROOM? INTENDING ON GETTING MY GIRLS INTO BED, NO DOUBT. WHAT DO ANY OF YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELVES?” She concluded, a vein in her head almost popping. All of them tried to stammer an apology at once, but Mrs. Holland’s daughter made it through first.

“No, Mum! We only had one sip of the beer, and we didn’t even want it!” Matt looked guilty at this, but Billie continued on, “I swear we were just hanging out! We met them before the show and they were really nice, I promise Mum we weren’t going to do anything!”

Then it was time for Alex to apologize. “Mrs….”

“Holland,” Billie’s mother snapped.

“Yes, of course, Mrs. Holland, we had no idea when we invited them up here of their age. They look totally older, and we just assumed they were old enough to drink. I just wanted to get to know your daughter, that’s all, she’s beautiful and she’s really cool. I’m extremely sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope you forgive me.”

Mrs. Holland gave the room a sweeping suspicious look. For a moment, everyone believed she would let them stay. But it was no use.

“I don’t care if you didn’t know. Men only invite girls for drinks for one thing. Now, let’s go.”

Maddy and Billie got up, tears streaming down their faces, and followed the still fuming woman out of the room, down the stairs, and out of the venue.

------Alex’s POV-------

Alex sat there, his face in his hands. Did that really just happen? Yes. Was he really attracted to a 15 year old? …No? Yes. He was, and even he knew that he couldn’t deny that. So what happened next came as a shock to everyone. He followed them home. This might have been classified as grade-A stalking, or some seriously romantic shit.