3) bloodsucker meets moonhowler

Max tries desperately to grasp what the hell is going on in Eerie Falls. The residents, for some reason, think it's cool to get teeth sharpened and now there's fairies. FAIRIES!

"Maxwell, I apologize. I didn't know if Will told you over the phone or not, but now I know it was the latter." Isabel says to Max. She genuinely looks sorry for spooking Max. She puts a delicate hand on his arm. Her sweet smell fills Max's nostrils. He's so distracted he doesn't even correct her when she says his full name.

Max clears his throat. The first day he meets a gorgeous girl like Isabel and he's getting worked up over wings? Way to look manly, Max.

"It's, uh, fine." Max shrugs. "Just don't have fairies back in Tacoma, that's all." He scratches the back of his neck. He has to remember that he's actually somewhat similar to Isabel. He, too, isn't fully human. But, he's still not sure if he should share that information with his new friends or not.

"Aw, Izzy, the guy's fine!" Jarvis says, giving Max a not-so-soft slap on the back. (He still faintly feels Jarvis' hand on his cheek. He won't forget that.) "Anyways, here's the stuff you asked for. With a little treat for Willy." Jarvis puts his small box on the breakfast table.

Now that Max isn't as focused on the fact that Isabel is a fairy and fairies are real (although it's kind of hard not to stare at her wings. It's almost like they have a mind of their own, fluttering and glittering and whatever other shit that wings do), he takes a moment to look at the small house. The front door opens up into the combined kitchen and living room space. It's small, not that much bigger than his apartment. But, it's cozy.

The whole feel is very country chic with odd knick knacks everywhere. The old wallpaper is beginning to peel close to the crown molding. The couch is an odd mixture of green and brown. It's not the space that Max would've put such a formal sounding man in, but now that he's met Isabel he knows where all the niche items come from.

Max tunes back into the conversation that Jarvis and Isabel are having.

"There's six red toadstool mushrooms and a few plasma fruits for Will." Jarvis explains, opening the box to reveal his produce. Isabel squeals.

"Thank you, Jarvy!" Isabel quickly hugs the pale man. "I can finally start planting those fruits for Will."

"No problem, Izzy." Jarvis says. Max can see a little bit of pink rising to Jarvis' cheeks. Of course he has a crush on Isabel. Maybe Max should stay back. He doesn't want Jarvis to come at him with those teeth. (Not that Max couldn't take him. He just doesn't want his muscles coming second to razor-edged teeth.) "Well, I'd better be going. The next train goes out in about an hour."

"Oh, right! If you have time tonight, you should stop by. We always have some pollen punch for you." Isabel says and Jarvis laughs. Just before he walks out the door, another door opens across the living room. A man, about Max's age, comes out in a dark cloak. He looks incredibly pale and his hair is slicked back in a high quiff. He yawns and fixes his lapel.

"Isabel. Jarvis. And you must be Max." The man says and walks through the room to get to the kitchen.

"Will." Jarvis greets and Max puts two and two together. The man is a his half-brother. His voice sounded sort of familiar. "Brought you some plasma fruit."

"Thank you, sir." Will says and grabs a fruit right out of the box. It's a dark red and Max doesn't think he's ever seen it before. Jarvis says his last goodbyes and heads out. Will is diving his teeth into the fruit. A dark juice trails from his mouth.

"I didn't know you were waking up early." Isabel says to Will. (It was almost 4. Max liked sleeping in, but he didn't really count the afternoon as early.)