4) pup learns about his new life

Max has spent the last few hours in the house. Isabel and Will make him feel comfortable in the spare bedroom (well, mostly Isabel. Will's indifferent). It has a creaky bed, but the covers are a soft blue and there's a desk in the corner. It's pretty nice. He was a bit confused when Isabel showed him the room, though.

"Wait, where do you sleep?" Max asked her.

"Outside," She said with a cheerful smile. Obviously, Max didn't know what the hell that meant, so she continued. "Fairies can transform into their smaller form and live in little houses outside. We actually prefer it over sleeping in beds."

"That's pretty sweet." Max said. "Can I see it?"

She laughed. "Sure."

Isabel led Max outside to the porch. Green trees and other plants were in the ground just behind the porch.

"Is that your garden?" He asked. (He had been asking lot of questions lately and almost sounded like broken record. It was even starting to annoy himself.)

"Yeah. Fairies have a natural green thumb." She responded and went to the end of the porch. On what looked to be a tree stump stood a small house. It had a green moss covering most of the exterior and a little round door to go inside. Max had no idea how Isabel was supposed to fit in there. He voiced this to her.

She giggled again. (She seemed to do that a lot, but Max didn't mind. He thought it was cute.)

"If I do it, do you promise you won't freak out like you did before?" She teased.

"Hey, that was a natural response to seeing someone with wings for the first time, okay?" Max motioned to the pink, sparkly wings jutting out from her back.

Isabel ignored his comment and spun in a circle. One minute, Isabel was there and the next minute a small, slightly pink thing was in the air, flying around Max like a fly would.

"Holy shit! No way!" Max laughed as she flew around him. He could hear her high-pitched giggles. Then she dived for the house and went inside. Max peered inside. All he could see was a glowing pink figure in the window.

"That's so awesome!" Max exclaimed. "Come back out!"

She flew out of the small house so fast, all Max saw was a flash of pink light. A high-pitched giggle sounds from the little figure as she swirled round Max. He laughed but then abruptly stopped when she decided to fly into his shirt. She flew around his stomach and it tickled, but Max didn't laugh now. This was too intimate for two people that just met.

(Even though Max has done plenty of intimate things with girls from clubs just a few hours after meeting them, but somehow Isabel was different. He'd never admit it though.)

Isabel finally flew out of his t-shirt and transformed back into herself. She was still laughing but Max was in awe.

"That was adorable! You looked like puppy!" Isabel squealed.

"I'm not a puppy!" Max defended.

"Oh, Maxwell, you've got a lot to learn about your self. Your wolf inside of you." Isabel jabbed his chest.

"What do you know about werewolves?" He asked. He only knew bits and pieces anyways. Only the few articles he found online (which weren't the best source anyways).

Isabel dropped her finger. "I know they're sometimes uncontrollable during a full moon. And you mostly eat meat, right?"

Max shrugged. He preferred it over most food, but it's not the only thing he eats.

"It's the complete opposite for fairies." She said, leaning back on the porch railing. "We're all vegans, or at least vegetarians. I grow everything I eat."