Part 2: day 1

We twirled and we stamped to the music and said: "Hooray!" in unison with the other ponies. Suddenly everything went all shifty and shimmery...

"Derpy, my love, I've always wanted to do this, with you, right here, right now," Doctor said, leaning in close and whispering in my ear.

Yes! Yes! Doctor...Doctor was going to kiss me! I closed my eyes, puckered my lips, and waited for a kiss...

That never came. I opened my eyes.

"Derpy? Derpy, are you quite alright?" Doctor said, waving his hoof over my face. I was lying on the ground of the command room.

"Wha happendz?" I asked dizzily. Doctor looked worried.

"Well, I got the TARDIS to teleport closer to Ponyville, then we started dancing. I put on some polka music and suddenly you fell onto the floor, unconscious." Doctor looked thoughtful. "Maybe joy really can inspire unconsciousness," he said. He dashed off to his study. "I'm going to look in on that right now!"

"Yeah, that's OK, just leave me on the ground here," I said grumpily. Both because Doctor hadn't stayed behind to help me up and because he hadn't really been about to kiss me.

I was not wearing a long, beautiful gown from Rarity's, and I was not wearing slippers of glass. Doctor had not been wearing a fine tuxedo from Saylor Stitch's. And we were not at the palace, surrounded by sophisticated ponies dancing all around us.

I sighed. When, I thought, when will I ever be brave enough to tell the Doctor I love him?