Chapter VII: Lovey Dovey

"Ryosuke? Can you please open up the door." Yuto was knocking softly on the door; resting his forehead on to it.

After they heard the news, they still wouldn't believe that Yuri passed away. Especially Ryosuke who was really stunned in his place and tears threatening to fall any minute.

"Are you sure it's the same Chinen Yuri who is admitted in room 201?" Yuto asked the nurse again.

"Yes sir. I am sure. If you really want to confirm it then you can visit his doctor Fuji-sensei. His clinic is just down the hall." The nurse then excused herself because she had a lot of things to do.

Yuto looked at Ryosuke beside him and he is still petrified on his spot. He then placed a hand on his shoulder and Ryosuke jolted a little. He look at Yuto with a scared expression and of course Yuto understood what he meant.

"Stay here for a while. I'll be right back." Yuto landed a kiss on Ryosuke's forehead then let him sit for a while on the bench near the nurse's station. Yuto on the other hand went to Dr. Fuji's office to ask if what they heard was true.

Yuto stood in from of a door with Dr. Fuji's name plate on the side of it. He knocked twice and entered after hearing a 'come in' from the inside.

"Good afternoon." Yuto politely greeted. He then saw the doctor sitting on his chair with a stack of papers in front of him.

"Good afternoon. What can I do for you today." The doctor looked up and saw Yuto's face then his expression suddenly fell.

"Are you Nakajima Yuto?" The doctor asked. Yuto was quite surprised of his question but nevertheless he nodded his head.

"Please take a seat." Yuto didn't actually know why he knows his name or why he looks like he was expecting him but he needed to find answers so he'll just follow for now.

"I'm sure your here about Chinen-kun am I right?" the doctor asked him. Yuto nodded his head.

"He told me to keep this as a secret from you and Yamada-kun. " Yuto was surprised that he knew who Ryosuke was. Did Chinen already knew this day coming? Why did he try to hide it especially from his best friend who loves him and worries dearly about him. Yuto would remember the time Ryosuke cried when he saw Chinen in a struggling state.

"Did he tell you something doc?" He asked the doctor. Fuji-sensei opened the top drawer of his desk and presented Yuto with an envelope with Ryosuke's name on it. It was surely Yuri's handwriting. He knew it from anywhere.

"Chinen-kun passed away 2 hours ago. His reason for not telling you is in that letter. He told to give it either one of you." The first sentence already got Yuto into tears. He knew this day would come but he was totally unprepared and it set a tight feeling on his chest.

"I'm very sorry for your lost." The doctor gave a apologetic bow. Yuto didn't know what to say or if he still had the strength to talk without crying.

As soon as he left the clinic, there was a very huge burden on his shoulder. He couldn't even take a step forward. Yuto was getting more anxious of what Ryosuke will feel but he has to stay strong for the both of them.

"Ryosuke." He called out his name and the latter turned around. Yuto had a sad smile plastered on his lips as he took the seat beside the shorter.

"So what did the doctor say? Where's Yuri?" Ryosuke voice was broken it means he was already crying when Yuto left. The taller wrapped his arm around his boyfriend's shoulder while holding the letter with the other. Ryosuke rested his head on Yuto's chest and hugged him by the waist.

"Before I tell you anything. I want you to read this letter." He gave Ryosuke the letter and kissed his forehead lightly. With trembling hands, Ryosuke opened it and started reading with his eyes.