Chapter VIII: I'm Only Jealous Because I Love You

Yuto was humming such a happy tune while he was walking to the college complex with a bamboo basket on one hand. He took Kei's advice of bringing Ryosuke a picnic after he's done with his exam. Yuto prepared everything in the basket. He cooked for his boyfriend and even baked his favorite strawberry shortcake; of course with the help of Kei.

Yuto had this smile on his face that shows he was very happy and was looking forward to the day. He even skipped his first period just to create this perfect picnic lunch for the both of them. The taller fished out his phone from his pocket and looked at the time, 10:30 am. It would be okay to have an early lunch was what Yuto thought. He dialed Ryosuke's number on his phone and waited for the shorter to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" The voice spoke on the other line but it wasn't Ryosuke's voice and it surprised Yuto a bit. The voice was sort of manly and strong but it was not the concern for Yuto. The bigger issue was why is another person holding Ryosuke's phone and where is he?

"Hello?" The other line spoke again. "Ah. Um... Who is this?" Yuto asked the unknown person.

"I'm sorry but weren't you the one who called me? Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that question?" He replied Yuto with a question too and Yuto found him rude for saying it. It was Ryosuke's phone so he doesn't have the right to talk back that way. Yuto stopped his tracks and tried to finish this business with this mystery guy.

"This is my boyfriend's phone so you don't have the right to say that since this isn't your phone in the first place." He was trying to sound as calm as possible. He didn't want to snap right away on this beautiful day he was destined to have or at least a beautiful day he wanted to have. There was total silence on the other line and it was killing Yuto by the second. He didn't want the silence they were having. He wanted answers and he wanted it now.

"And who's this 'boyfriend' you are talking about?" The person asked exaggerating the word 'boyfriend' and it started to piss Nakajima Yuto.

"Listen here, if you won't give this phone to its owner in the next five seconds, I'm gonna hunt you down and punch you straight in the gut. Now give it Ryosuke you damn bastard." And there it was; Nakajima Yuto just had enough and exploded. He didn't want to get to this but the person just pushed Yuto to his limits. Another round of silence was heard then shuffling foot steps were heard.

"Ryo-chan, your 'boyfriend' is calling you." There he goes again with the indent on the word 'boyfriend' . Oh how much it just pissed Yuto off for him to have waited that much but what pissed him more was the way he called his Ryosuke. Only Yuto is allowed to call him with pet names even though he doesn't but that doesn't also mean that anyone could just call Ryosuke with sweet names.

"Hello?" Yuto broke from his trance and this time heard the beautiful voice of his lover which took him back into the happy mood for a while. "Ryosuke, where are you now?" Yuto asked right away.

"I'm in the library. We're doing a research on the topic assigned to us earlier after the exam." Yuto heard Ryosuke speaking in a soft way so it does conclude the location of his cute lover but then again it doesn't subside the anger inside Yuto. He still holds a grudge towards that rude person he talked to just a moment ago.

"Yuto? Are you still there?" He snapped out his trance and replied to Ryosuke.

"Ah. Yes. I just wanna ask when will you end? I made lunch for the both of us." Yuto got all excited all of a sudden. He couldn't wait to have a little picnic under the sakura tree. It may sound cliche but Yuto likes doing all those cute stuff with Ryosuke.

"I really want to have a taste of what you prepared but I think we would take longer than usual. Its a hard research and I might not be able to have lunch." Crash. That's just what happened to Yuto's world. His heart sort of clenched and he was truly saddened.