Ch. 1 Temptation

Sigh Hawk sat behind his large mahogany desk in his New York City office, overlooking the skyline from his 22nd floor view. A lot had changed since he lost his girlfriend in a motorcycle accident three years ago. He started a small architecture firm, which took off faster than he could have ever expected. He specialized in nature based architecture, creating luxurious tree house homes. He never expected such a demand when he opened his doors. Three years later, Sigh was in his prime, a multi-million dollar bachelor. He had everything he had ever dreamed of, the suave NYC apartment, luxurious cars and even his own private jet. He was making it big, bigger than he ever imagined.

It was getting late and the sun was going down, creating a rainbow of reds across the sky. His assistant, Ashley Gleeman, sat across from him on a brown leather couch, writing down notes as he discussed the game plan while he was on vacation. She wore a tight white pencil skirt and a low cut teal shirt. Her long brunette hair was lusciously tossed down her back. She was the assistant in a man's x-rated dreams. And just like any warm blooded man, that's why Sigh hired her.

"Okay, so if Mr. Goodman calls, make sure you inform him that I'll be gone a couple of weeks. I know he wanted the plans on short notice but I need this vacation and he'll just have to wait. We sent him plans earlier this week, so that should give him something to chew on. Next, please catch up on the filing while I'm gone. You'll have plenty of down time, so use it wisely," he explained to her, as he straightened the items on his desk. He took a sip of his cold coffee and stood up to face the window, adjusting his collar.

He wore a dark gray tailored suit, his jacket discarded over his chair. His shirt was a deep blue, which complimented his black tie, which he had loosened after his last meeting.

"Mr. Hawk," she paused, the words slithering off her tongue, "Can I call you? Will you have service?"

Sigh lost his train of thought.

"-Sigh, call me Sigh," he grit his teeth when she used his proper name.

Especially since they had slept together...several times, which he regretted. It was just several one-night flings, that meant nothing to him.

None of the girls he had been with, since Grace, offered the potential of a solid relationship. He tried the dating scene, but none of the girls came close to what he had.

"Sigh," she looked at him with a coy smile, bringing him out of his thoughts, "Can I call you while you're gone?"

He turned around to face her, his arms crossed over his chest. He took in a deep breath. This was exactly why he needed to go on vacation. He was tired of playing games with Ashley. Yeah, he was a man, and had needs, but once they were met, he wanted to move on, alone. Ashley was just a toy. He couldn't see a future with her. Ever.

He took in a deep breath.

"No, I won't get reception at Charlie's. I'll check my e-mail, so use that. Nothing major should happen anyways because a lot of other people are gone too," he tried to make his response sound as professional and impersonal as he could.

She uncrossed her legs and re-crossed them in the other direction. He felt his blood rise. Was it irritation or just male instinct? He readjusted his tie, making it loser than before. Why was her skirt so tight? Was she wearing underwear? Why was he looking for underwear? He shook his head to regain his composure.

Sigh knew what she was offering. He had dipped into that pool a month ago.

They had gone out for a couple of drinks to celebrate a new client, which led to a private party in his room, which led to breakfast the next morning and eventually a request for a raise. Sigh should've known better. But those long legs begged to be touched and Sigh was so ... lonely.

This vacation to North Georgia was just what he needed to escape the smooth, tanned, tone legs of Ashley... Bridgett, Chloe and Celeste.

Sigh laughed to himself. That and also help him get through another anniversary of Grace's death.

"I think that's everything for now. Why don't you shut down so we can hit the road," he continued to tell her, picking up his jacket. He checked over his desk one more time before leaving, to ensure everything was in order.

Ashley didn't know about Grace. None of the women he shared his bed with knew about her. He didn't feel the need to get that close with them. To share with them the raw emotion of losing someone you felt was your soul mate.

Ashley deliberately uncrossed her legs again. This time he openly noticed.

She sat up straighter so her chest was pulling on the fabric, making her breasts appear larger. She didn't attempt to stand up, as he had requested. She placed her writing tablet down next to her and looked at him with an inviting smile.

Sigh grunted and looked back out the window. God he needed to break his bad habits. Bad women was one of them. Especially women who expected a raise after they had sex.

"Come on," he waved for her to get up, "Let's get going. It'll take at-least a half an hour to get to the airport."

She leaned back into the couch, in an inviting "take me" position.

He studied his watch and calculated how much time he had to spare. He grew agitated, knowing the wrong part of his body was taking over.

He felt like someone who quit smoking and his co-worker stood outside offering him a cigarette. Okay, maybe just one more, then I'll quit.

"Oh what the hell," he said, walking around his desk and leaning over her on the couch.

"This is going to be quick," he warned before taking her mouth aggressively. Her lips tasted like candy. She must have been wearing scented lip gloss.

"I love quickies,"she commented back, wrapping her arms up around his neck.

He felt his blood boil over. Her voice was so smooth and well-rehearsed. She was unnatural perfection from hours of gyms, nail salons and tanning booths.

"One for the road?" she asked in cliche, giggling, a seductive laugh that turned most heads in a bar.

"The last one..." he commented to himself before his mouth crashed onto hers again.