Pandemonium

August, 2010.

Alec, Isabelle, and Jace were preparing their weapons in the weapon room. Around this time, Camille is fifteen and one of the best Shadowhunters of her age. She had just came down from the library and stumbled upon her siblings preparing for what looked like the next world war.

"What's going on?" She asked with curiosity icing her throat. Mr. and Mrs. Lightwood, and Max--their youngest, were in Idris at the moment for the Accords. That left everyone alone in the Institute under Hodge's supervision. Jace immediately stopped lacing up his boots and looked nervously over at Alec, who wore the same expression. Camille wandered into the room cautiously, being careful not to touch any of the fatal objects that were displayed on the walls.

"Where are you going?" She asked again nearing them with wonder as she watched Isabelle pile her gold bracelets, one by one, on her wrist. She looked like she was attending a wedding by the flow of her white floor-length dress.

"We're going out." Jace said at once. Not even bothering to look up at her. He moved forward with ease, getting ready to go.

"Where? Why didn't you tell me? I can get ready really-"

"No!" Jace held up his hand, silencing her. The rage of interruption boiled inside her chest. It leaked into her face as she starred at Jace with hatred. "You can not go." He said drawing himself up to full height.

"Where can't I go?" Camille demanded. She was struggling to keep her wavering voice under control. She wanted to shout many nasty things at him, but she thought better of it when she realized that shouting would only make him reveal less information.

"A nightclub downtown. It's not for children." Alec said in a hushed tone. Camille flicked her head in his direction. Anger erupted in her throat as she opened her mouth to speak. Her eyes felt like hot blades were forced into her sockets.

"I am NOT A CHILD!" Her chest was rising and falling fast. She looked back over at Jace, who seemed to be enjoying her tantrum towards Alec instead of himself. "I have killed more demons than any other Shadowhunter my age! I've face the most gruesome of demons and have the runes to prove it! Tell me what's inside that nightclub that I couldn't handle?!" Her temper was starting to fade slowly. She didn't feel like killing Alec anymore, but she could stand to bury her fist in his face.

"You wouldn't understand." Jace said with his arms crossed over his chest.

"What club is it?" Camille asked Isabelle. Isabelle's stare was on Jace. Her eyes pleading what to say.

"Pandemonium." She said steadily. Camille's eyes widened. Her anger was building back up and it was all towards Jace. Her eyes like daggers into his. His arms remained across his chest and his stare hard on hers. In a way, he looked almost bored.

"You promised me several times that you would take me there!!" Her voice seemed to crack like the frozen surface of a lake after a snow storm. He blinked his eye lazily.

"Well, today is not that day. You are staying here." His voice was stern and cold as he spoke those last words. His words were final. He wouldn't back down. Neither would Camille. Her fists clenched at her sides. Her teeth were grinding against each other as the hatred and betrayal she felt rose inside her. She turned and walked out the door of the weapon room.

"HODGE!!!" She screamed throughout the emptiness of the church. She ran fast up the up the stairs as she heard Jace, Alec, and Isabelle right behind her. She passed several empty rooms before she skidded to a stop in front of the library, where Hodge and Hugo were sitting at his desk engaged in the Gray Book. His attention was pulled to the group of teenagers that were spilling into the room at full speed. Camille reached his desk before Jace's hand could stop her.

"HODGE!" She breathed as she leaned all her weight on his desk as she inhaled deeply.

"Whatever is the matter?" Hodge asked as Hugo ruffled his feathers angrily. Camille gave Hugo a nasty look as he returned it with an angered caw.

"Tell Jace to let me go to Pandemonium with them!" She demanded, pointing a finger in Jace's direction.

"No! Tell her to stop acting like a cry baby just because she isn't getting what she wants!" Jace shouted as his eyes filled with impatience.

"I learned from the best, didn't I, Jace?" She snapped with her eyebrows arched. His face was washed over with annoyance. He opened his mouth to say something, but was stopped by Hodge rising from his chair. He looked from Jace to Camille with utter disappointment.

"Camille Wayland! This is most definitely not how young ladies are supposed to act! If you expect Jace to stop treating you like a child, then I suggest that you stop behaving like one." Camille scoffed. Clearly in her mind she was handling this situation exactly as she should. She looked down at her feet in shame. The look on Jace's face made her want to slap him. I was not acting like a child, She though to herself. They're treating me like I don't matter.

"Now, Camille, the demons that lurk in the shadows at Pandemonium are, well," He paced from the window behind his desk and back as he searched for the right word. "Dangerous." Camille scoffed once again, this time loud enough to make her disgust evident. Her eye were glued to his fragile, pacing body trying not to explode on him.

"But I am ready! Jace always promised me that he would take me to Pandemonium and now he's going back on his word!" Jace stepped forward. His boot making a loud click as he stepped.

"I never go back on my word!" He said immediately enunciating every word. His golden eyes softened as they fell on Camille's. "I promise I will take you to Pandemonium one day, but it is too dangerous for you to go now." He stepped closer and put a soft, yet firm, hand on her shoulder as if a mother had just punished you, but told you it was because she loved you. "If anything happened to you while we were there, I would blame myself." He looked almost sincere, but Jace was never sincere.

"I would hate for Jace Wayland to have to feel something." She rolled her eyes and smiled as the annoyance slowly drained her body. This was reassurance enough for him that they were okay. Alec, Isabelle, and Jace turned out of the library. Camille stayed behind them as they opened the large front doors.

"Hey, Alec!" Camille called after him as they were about to step outside. They turned to look at her. "Kick some demon ass for me!" Alec smirked as they turned out of the institute. Jace muttered something that sounded like "Watch your mouth." As they turned onto the streets of New York.