Chapter Three: Sleep With Me

"Did I hurt you?" Shiki asked staring at me blankly. Sometimes I wish he'd show a little more emotion in his face but I guess that was asking a bit much.
"I'm fine, Shiki. I am completely fine and that's all that matters. Just be slow next time and ask me." I replied pulling my head out from my knees. I stared at him with a wry smile. He didn't return one.
"I am addicted to your blood, Yamazaki." He said moving towards me. "I don't know what I like more, you or your blood."
If that wasn't insulting I didn't know what was, "You can't decide between me and my blood?" I asked a little hurt.
He noticed my discomfort and retaliated, "I'm sorry, I love you." He said.
I frowned, "You're not just saying that are you?"
He shook his head, "No, I do. You helped me become more confident when I was a child. I grew feelings for you. I didn't have anyone like you to help me until I met Rima. You made a difference in my life. I trust you." He then fell backwards onto my bed, "That was tiring to say. I need sleep." He ended, rolling over to face away from me.
In a way, I was truly touched with what he just said. I still can picture him, however, draining me of my blood one day so I did need to keep myself aware. It's not that I believed Shiki was unstable when it came to blood or even just my blood in particular, it's just he's so different. You can never tell what he's thinking nor what he's going to do next. In one way he's sweet but also seems like he doesn't give a crap about anyone or anything. I do adore his mysterious side but sometimes I miss the whole romantic side more people grow into.
"Thank you, Shiki." I said with a smile. I began to blush; he was adorable when he wanted to be. He did have his own way of caring.
"Shhh, I'm trying to sleep." He whispered.
I bit my lip, "Why don't you go back to your own dorm then?" I asked a little flustered.
He peered over his shoulder to stare at me, "That's so far away. I made an effort to get here." He murmured.
I shook my head, "Alright, I'm going to sleep too." I said lying down and pulling the sheets over me.
Shiki rolled over to lie next to me, "We can sleep together." He said pushing his head into my neck.
"If you steal the covers I swear I will push you out of the bed." I finished and nuzzled his hair. This was actually romantic for once. Never did I ever picture myself with a boy like this... it was perfect. At this time he made me forget all my worries. I caught myself drifting off again without a problem, as if I felt happy and safe with Shiki sleeping soundly next to me.

I awoke to some ruckus happening outside my dorm. It was the girls running about. "What are they doing...?" I murmured with a yawn. I checked the time on the little clock on my side drawer. Four o' clock in the afternoon. I gasped and leapt out of bed, I had been sleeping for ages.
"Why are you so restless? It gets really annoying sometimes." Shiki mumbled sitting up. Shiki was still in my bed. Shiki was still in my bed!
"Hurry up! Go back to your dorm asap! The girls are already lining up to see your classmates! Shiki, no one can find out about this! This is super prohibited! I'd get expelled for sure!" I cried rushing around my room aimlessly.
Shiki stood up, stretched and walked towards me calmly. How could he be calm about this? If the Dean finds out, I'm screwed. NO! If Kaname finds out, Shiki is screwed! DAMMIT!
"Shiki! You need to hurry—" He cut me off by placing his lips on mine. He pulled me into his body and held me for a few moments, deeply kissing me. I felt all tingly, like the butterflies were trying to help me fly. I felt so light and bubbly, he knew how to kiss... he sure did.
"You need to shut up." He said pulling away from our kiss. "I knew this was going to happen." He moved towards my cupboard and opened it. On the inside of the door was his Night Class uniform hanging. I had brought it with him.
"You're smart." I said crossing my arms. "But how are you going to get out of the dorm without getting spotted exactly?" I asked him amused but also still partially terrified for my future here.
"I'll find a way." He prompted and started to remove his clothes.
My face burst into complete redness as I turned around quickly so I wouldn't see any part of him that I didn't want to see, well, not yet anyway.
After around two minutes he had come to stand beside me. "May I ask you something before I leave?" He asked pulling some strands of my hair away from my neck.
"Go on...?" I said a little nervous.
He pushed his head over my shoulder slightly, "May I have another drink?" He asked.
I was shocked, my first thought was to say no but I had my abilities to heal me. My mind was puzzled but in the end I agreed. "Alright, but only a little bit." I said as his fangs pierced my flesh again. He drank a little which was better than before; I still began to feel woozy and drained, however not as bad. I tried to focus on how this was pleasure for him and not painful for me.
He pulled away after around five seconds, "Thank you," He whispered licking the last drops from my neck. That gave me little chills.
"It's okay, I am now tired again so I will sleep tonight I guess." I said scratching my head.
"You haven't eaten anything all day as well. That may also be a reason for your tired nature." He said messing up my hair a little bit with his hand.
"Thanks for a lovely sleep." I said smiling sheepishly.
He shot me a slight grin, "It's okay." He said.
I headed for the door and peered outside into the hallway. There was no one around, Shiki could leave and maybe no one would notice. "Shiki," I started, "Now's your chance to leave. There's no one around." I turned to look at him but he had vanished. The only thing I noticed was the open window about both mine and Asuna's beds. He had left out the window. Sneaky.
"Goodbye." I whispered to the air, hoping it would carry to him somehow. "And thank you."

As I hopped into bed again, feeling incredibly draining and tired, I began to toss and turn. I couldn't fall asleep as easily as I did with Shiki next to me. Also, Shiki's fang marks lingered on my neck. My powers hadn't kicked in, even after an hour of trying to fall asleep. I could still feel the stinging pain.
I made my way to my bathroom. I pulled out some bandages and wrapped it firmly, yet comfortably around my neck as it continued to bleed a little and tissues weren't cutting out for the job. I wondered why my powers weren't healing me... they were also delayed earlier when Shiki first bit me that morning. But... why? What's wrong with them?
I shrugged it off, maybe it's because I am so exhausted and haven't eaten anything all day; maybe because I am so malnourished. Probably, I thought climbing back into bed to endure another night.
Once again, I had another dream about Kurando. Sometimes I couldn't bare it and I'd burst into tears right in front of him and he'd spend all the dream trying to calm me down while others are of me falling so madly in love with him and lusting for him and his kiss. But, why? Do I love Kurando? No, I love Shiki.
"Yuna?" Kurando asked me as I sobbed into his chest.
"Yes?" I asked sniffing loudly, tears rolling down my cheeks.
"Leave Senri, for me." He said, "I love you more than he ever will."

lA1