Chapter Five: Ambushed By Vampires

I moved away from Siren slightly, "Could you not?!" I snapped.
"Siren, it's okay." Kaname spoke calmly to her. His words seemed to float like a soft breeze hitting your face, soothing and refreshing.
She nodded and backed off, thank God. "Thank you." I spoke firmly staring deeply at Kaname. I held my stare, not looking around at the many Night Class students now surrounding me. I had no interest to look at them, not even if Shiki was one of them.
"Miss Yamazaki," Kaname began softly, "Why are you troubled?"
It then hit me: I touched my neck, the bite marks had finally gone. Maybe my powers suddenly kicked in—maybe when I shouted at Kaname they worked? Well, if they did, he didn't know they were messed up. There had to be another reason why he was ambushing me right now.
"Just... everything that's been going has gotten to my head. Like, it's suddenly hit me that this is reality. I'm sorry." I stated firmly, however I did bend the truth a little bit in saying that. I hoped Kaname wouldn't notice.
He stared at me longingly, "Okay." He replied. "We have come to inform you that both the Senate and the Vampire Hunter's Association want to see you."
This is when I glanced around, "So you brought everyone here to tell me this?" I asked. I didn't see Shiki anywhere though, nor Rima.
"They have asked for you to be accompanied by two aristocrats of your choosing or one Pure Blood Vampire—in this case that would be Kaname." Takuma Ichigo exclaimed with a smile.
This was no smiling matter. What did the Senate and Hunter's Association want with me? I wasn't even a Vampire or a Hunter... "I don't get it. What do they want with me?"
"We're not allowed to tell you that, only Lord Kaname knows what they want. Stop asking questions." Hanabusa Aido said in a nasty tone.
I shot him a glare, "Excuse you, Hanabusa. I can ask whatever the hell I like."
He was taken aback and held an angry yet confused stare on me.
"So, I pick two Vampy's and then prance down holding hands with them to these two places? Sounds wonderful."
"When did you get such an attitude?" Ruka snarled.
"When Vampires ruined my life." I replied back. I wish I had have thought that one through though. I could see every single Vampire's eyes gleam red at this point. They were all angry—I prayed they weren't thirsty either.
"Kaname," I started, "I'm sorry." I started to sound apologetic. I really wasn't in the mood nor was I even happy about this. "I'm just not myself ever since I came back here." I sighed and placed my hands to my face.
"It's alright. I understand." He said to me, "Everyone, please calm down." He asked of everyone. I noticed through my fingers their eyes turn back to their normal shades. I felt a little safer now. "But this is important, Miss Yamazaki," He began again, "I'll give you time to think about it. Please inform me when you know your answer. I won't pester you about it from here on. However, if you don't come to me in the next week, I will find you again."
"Will you bring your posse?" I couldn't help myself that time.
"Watch your mouth." Ruka spat.
I started grinning like a mad man; I found it hilarious whenever she was pissed off. "Sorry."
"Just remember." Kaname finished before they all disappeared without a trace. Vampires are fleeting beings, I swear to God. I was surprised I wasn't dead by the end of that. All I wanted to do tonight was to lower my stress and that just put a hell of a lot more on me. Terrific.

I made my way back to the academy to look around for wandering Day Class students; luckily there was no one about causing trouble. I liked peaceful nights. Honestly, whenever I found someone, Yuuki would be the one to always take charge and handle the situation. I'd just be there for moral support. It's like she knew exactly where all the Day Class students would be hiding and would either beat me to them or already be there taking care of them.
"Yuna!" Yuuki called out to me. She came running towards me to give me a huge hug. "Are you feeling better?"
I smiled, "I am, thank you." I thought about telling her about the Night Class students and what they did.
"Hi." Zero greeted me, slowly following Yuuki.
I grinned at him, "Hi, Zero. Lovely to see you again."
He shot me a half smile, something he rarely did to anyone. I felt I have gotten on Zero's soft side though. Not as close with him as he is with Yuuki, but I feel he trusts me.
"I'm so glad to know that!" She said giving me a big grin. Yuuki was always a happy and positive person when it came to absolutely anything. I loved that about her.
"Thanks." I had something to ask her though, "Have you ever visited the Senate or the Hunter's Association, Yuuki?" I asked.
She stared at me with big solemn eyes for a while before she spoke, "Uh, yes. Why?" She replied slightly anxious.
"I've been asked to go and see people there. I don't know why though."
"Who the hell asked you?" Zero asked shifting his stance awkwardly. I could tell he seemed more tense when I brought up the subject.
I swallowed hard, "Kaname—and like every other Night Class student." I croaked.
"Right. Well I'm going to have a little chat with him." Zero said about to walk off. Both me and Yuuki grabbed his arms.
"Stop! This is personal. He can't know I told you!" I wailed.
Zero looked over his shoulder to glare at me. His eyes held so much pain and anger, but I could also see sadness. Very similar to what I was feeling. In that moment, I felt a connection with Zero. It was as if I knew if anyone would understand my pain, it would most certainly be him.
He stepped back and turned to me, "What did he say exactly?" He crossed his arms.
"Yeah, tell us why. We won't say anything." Yuuki murmured sweetly.
I got the confidence to explain to them what had happened and they both seemed astounded and also generally confused.
"My guess is that they want you to work for either of them." Zero exclaimed.
I tilted my head to one side in confusion, "But why? Why me?" I wasn't understanding any of this.
"Because of what you can do; your powers are incredible. If either of them takes advantage of you they could use you as a weapon to hunt down Level E's or any kind of Vampire that needs to be executed." Zero said.
"I just really don't want to go." I blurted.
"I understand. I pray you'll get out of it. But, Kaname sounded like he was stern on the subject." Yuuki whispered to us.
"This may be Kaname's way to get on better terms with the two of them. Both the Senate and Hunter's Association will have more appreciation for Kaname if this goes to plan, I can sense it." Zero grunted shaking his head. "He's a Vampire though. I don't really care if the Senate likes him, but the Hunter's Association? Only Vampire Hunters should get their respect."
"I kind of get it, I guess." I said sighing, "Maybe I should try to tell him that I don't want to."
Yuuki and Zero glanced at each other, each holding a separate look. "Yuna, I don't think you're getting out of this. Not only that, you'll have to take two Vampires or Kaname." Yuuki explained sadly.
I just stared at them. "Hang on. They said I could take two Vampires." I glanced at Zero, "That means he'll have to let me take Zero if I decide on him!" I said happily.