Chapter 1

Foreword: This is a work of fiction. Everything is a result of an active imaginative mind. Certain scenes are distorted, added and deleted to benefit the story.

Chapter 1

Both eyes and lips perk up at the sight of a dark mustached man with an iron glare, seemingly looking beyond the depths of her soul. Gripping the textbooks near her heart, Tori gasps, "Heneral Luna?"

Her subconscious starts to quiver in joy. The simple thought of another historical movie after the release of El Presidente, Andres Bonifacio and Rizal amidst the releases of romantic comedies and mistresses, takes away the stress and fatigue of her high school life. Yet her overjoyed attitude was dumped by the side idea of her uninterested boyfriend, Matt. He had always hated accompanying her to such as it bores him to death.

She need no pen to write, as her heart had already memorized the date.

◄►

Her hands still over her face as tears spill uncontrollably down her swollen cheeks. It was a good thing, in the end, to not invite Matt since he'd only recognize her tears as pointless and he'd be indignant.

Tori didn't have the feeling to leave, as something is telling her to stay. Wiping her hands with a wet towel, she decided to stay to watch the end credits-- to give salutation to the makers of the film. The red screen fades and soldiers begin to occupy the screen. Tori looks around, but there were only three of them left: one of which is a part of the maintenance.

"Heneral, narito na po ang natira sa mga sundalo ni Heneral Luna." Carlos Aquino fills the screen in his Rayadillo, his gaze piercing through the screen. Tori stays still, her mind screaming endless thoughts. Who is going to be the next general on screen?! Her subconscious laughs at her but after all, the history nerd inside her would only love the idea of historical films.

Del Pilar fills the screen, his forehead creased as if in deep thought. Looking around the soldiers in a close up view, Tori thought Del Pilar was checking her out instead. A foolish thought, however her heart keeps on beating. She never thought she'd find Paulo Avelino attractive.

"Kumuha ka ng sisenta." Del Pilar finally delivers his line, his molten gaze not leaving the screen and the credits again has taken place. Tori freezes in her spot, her hands still over her heart and her lips quivering.

◄►

"Sige na, Matt. Manuod na tayo, please?" Tori pleads over the phone, her other hand busy playing with her toes. She kept it a secret that she had already watched the film, but she felt the need to ask Matt to accompany her as if she didn't. It'd be suspicious in his part if she stopped begging him to accompany her to historical reminisces.

Matt sighs against the phone, and Tori blushes from the sound. "Sige na nga. Ngayon lang ha? Okay lang ba 'yon?" He gives in, and Tori can imagine him blushing from the other side. Cute.

Tori beams, though Matt couldn't see the happiness on her face. "Oo! Okay na 'yun! Bukas ng alas dos? Ha?"

"Pwede na ang 2. Sunduin kita sa inyo." Matt returned. "Kailangan ko na palang umalis...may assignment pa kasi ako sa Envi Geo."

"Ah..." Tori inwardly sighs. "...Sige. Dapat hindi ko na pinatagal yung usapan." She pouts, hugging her knees. "Ba-bye."

"Bye."

There was a pause.

"I love you."

A moment of silence.