Real Magic

By: Kshyusa

Real magic

The broken crib floated across the ocean cradling the baby inside. The baby was asleep when it hit shore. A woman found the baby and took care of the baby who was a girl. She named her Mira because it means miracle.

12 years later

"Mira it's time for school." Mira's mom said." Coming" said Mira as she walked down the stairs. Mira was a smart girl and loved school. First she went to English then math. After a few more classes she went to have lunch. Then she went outside for recess. She played tetherball it was her favorite. She started to walk up the stairs when she looked up at the sky it was clear like usual. Then she and her friends were joking around and pretending they had powers. Mira said "Look I can make it snow. Wind blow ,wind blow and make it snow." She giggled as she was waving her hands in circles. Then suddenly the wind blew so hard and it started to snow.Her friends were astonished. Their mouths hung wide open and they asked " How did you do that!?" Mira was as astounded as her friends. She did not know how she did that. When she came home her mother asked "How was school." Just like normal but Mira did not answer she just went straight to her room. Her mom instantly knew something was wrong. She went up to Mira's room and knocked on the door. She sat on the bed next to Mira and asked "What's wrong?" Mira didn't reply she just stuck her face deeper into her pillow. Her mom asked again. This time Mira just mumbled "I'm fine just go away please." Her mom now had enough "Mira tell me now I am your mother!" Mira hissed "Fine but don't make a big deal of it!" Her mom said "Okay." Then she told her how she made it snow by accident and didn't know how. That was not even it afterward her classmates called her freak ,snow girl, or something else. Her moms face jerked up when she finished and hurried out of the room muttering "No no no it couldn't have." She came in her room and pushed her table aside behind it was a box. She opened it and inside was the prices of the broken crib she found Mira in and a note.
...................................................

The note was with Mira when she found her. It said
Take good care of her. She is magical. Don't let anyone know or else her powers will hide her and you might never see her again."Mira?" Her mother whispered. It was quiet too quiet." Mira?" her mom said a bit louder. No answer." Mira?!" Her mom almost yelled as she looked around the house. She then ran outside and saw the vines, they weren't there before. Mira's mother then fell on her knees and started crying. " I probably won't see Mira ever again." She whimpered.
.......................................................

Mira did not know where she was. She looked around sand, sand, and more sand. She was in a desert. She looked everywhere nothing but sand. She cried. She cried a lot. She was so desperate she even tried to click the heels of her shoes." I want to go home! I want to go home ! I want to go ho(sniff)me." She cried. Then a bright light shone so bright she had to squint. And a woman appeared. "Hello Isabella." said the woman . "Um I'm not Isabella I'm Mira."
"You don't know your true name? I can't believe it. Anyways you to come with me." Mira /Isabella did not trust the girl for some reason. So she stayed put. "Come on I said." she muttered out loud. "No and by the ways I am Mira and I will always be Mira." Said Mira Then another bright flash appeared but It was from Mira's hand. When it cleared down the woman was gone and there was a mirror in her hand. She saw the woman in it so she smashed it on the sand. Then tons of people appeared around her and we're cheering. She had just defeated the evil queen. After that they told her, her past. They said she was a princess and was blessed with powers. But during a rough time her parents and her had to travel by boat over the ocean. There was a storm and they perished but they used the last of their powers to make the note. She was overwhelmed by the facts.She could not believe it. They told her that they will grant her one wish because she defeated the evil queen." I wish to go home." She appeared in front of her mom. Her mom looked up and hugged her tight. Mira then told her mom all about her past.Her mom then said" Wow but....."
"But what mom " asked Mira
"One part is not true."
"What how? Which?"
"I am sorry to tell you this but you are not a princess. You are the. ......Evil Queens daughter."
"What I am evil I can not believe it."
'No you are not evil you are the best person ever."
"Thanks mom and by the way how did you know?'
"When you were born the queen instantly knew you had to be hidden and nobody could know you were the evil queens daughter. To protect you she acted like you were her daughter."
"But there is still one thing I don't get why did everyone not like her was she evil because the queen took me? Was she truly good?"
"No nobody can forgive her for her crimes and It wasn't because of you."
"What were they?"
"You can know when you are older but not now."
"Its okay I still love you more than anyone even her."
Mira 's life went sort of back to normal. Sure she went to a different school now and used her powers a bit from time to time.But she was happy to be home and with her mom. And she really liked her new school. Especially someone. But she was happy even though she technically was evil. She was glad for the life she had now. And she lived happily ever after.