Into Hiding

John felt a hand rest on his shoulder. He turned and realized where he was, outside the presidential conference room. He heard shuffling inside as a man in full black began to speak.
"Mr. Cena, you've had one duty as the backup-backup reinforcements, now is your time. Your time to shine."
"Fine-" He said annoyed, brushing the man's hand off his shoulder. "I'll do what I need to. But I can't do it alone." He closed his eyes after the CIA man nodded at his request, and John waited outside the door. "How am I going to pull this off?" He thought. "Will it be worth it-" His thoughts were cut off by the door behind him squeaking open at the opposite end of the hallway, the hallway dawned with paintings and president profiles galore. John heard a gasp, and before he could even turn around, a pair of arms wrapped around his chest and pulled him back.
"John! I can't believe they let me see you!!" Shia said, his eyes brimming with tears. John turned to face his love, and wiped away the tears falling down Shia's face.
"Did they hurt you?" John asked Shia.
"No, did they hurt you?" Shia said, looking deep into John's eyes.
"Who cares?" John said, just glad to hear that Shia was alright.
"I do!!" Shia told John, as he held him tighter.
"Come on, we have a job to do. With our powers combined, we can do anything." John spoke. That's the only reason this stupid government keeps us separated, he thought. He kissed the top of Shia's hands, and turned back to face the door he was designated to break down.
"Ready?" John asked.
"Let's do it." Shia answered, making John chuckle. The CIA man took out an old boombox and put a tape deck into it, labeled Plan CL. John locked his view on the door and got into proper charging position. Shia then got into position, legs slightly bent, his arms at an angle while up in the air. The two nodded simultaneously, and the CIA agent pushed the play button on the boombox. It began to play the video introducing John onto a wrestling stage, and as the CIA man spun the volume dial up, slowly, Shia took in a deep breath.
"Just-" He raised his arms higher, and John tensed up.
"DO IT, MY LOVE!!" Shia yelled as he pushed his arms toward his center, and John rammed into the door with an ear-splitting crash. The hallway filled with dust and debris, and John stood up in the rubble. Shia gleamed behind him, proud of what they accomplished. John signaled Shia, and he knew it was time. They had to act before all debris left the air. John heard the whisper of his name from under a table, and swooped up Barack and Vlad in one fluid motion. They sat on one arm, while Shia was embraced with the other. John turned his head up, squatted into position, and power-jumped out of the building's roof. The CIA man rushed in, personnel right behind him after the second crash was heard.
"It's too late." The man said, looking up through his sunglasses into the bright sky as his backup began to collect around him, following his view upward.

"They're free..." He whispered, as a single glistening tear glided down his cheek.