Chapter 1: Return of the Villain Who Believes He is a Hero

My father was aging, he is already 62 years old. He knows he is a legend, and as such, wants to have a successor. Someone who will be the next hero to take his place, now that he is retired. Due to Quil's injuries, he is unable to face the world that would've lied ahead of him. That means my father only has me to train to become the next generation of being the hero. The day after he returned from Afghanistan, he began training me in his ways. After just one day of sparring, running, doing sit-ups, and all that, I was exhausted. Quil found out about this, and I could already see the disapproval in his face. Quil says to me, "So, you really believe Father was a hero? A good guy?" Knowing my family's history, or so I thought, I told him "Quil, of course he is! He saved the world for the love of Arceus! Who knows what the world would've been like if he never did what he did!" Quil tells me that Father was a villain, and a terrorist. He believed he should destroy our father and make the world "right" or so he says. I knew Quil resented Father because of a fight that broke out before I was born. Quil was only 6 years old, and already full of scars, kills, and hatred. He was too young for those kinds of things, even Father knew it. That, for one, I acknowledge he was wrong for. Quil wanted to kill Father to end his "Reign of Terror" so to speak. It was because of his failure to end Father's life, and the permanent damage caused by both ends. My father lost an eye, and Quil had a serious skull injury, which is the reason he will never be trained by Father. It was for that, I believed, Quil hated Father, and was jealous that I will become as powerful and legendary as he. I stopped talking to Quil, and he grew more and more hatred. Quil changed ever since my father's return. On the 23rd, He and Father had a fight in the house. Quil tried to kill Father like he wanted to 19 years ago. Father's age didn't get to him, and using his advanced fighting style, he defeated Quil with ease. Quil looked at me and said "Lava, help me kill Father once and for all! Grab that knife!" Ever since I was little, our mother led me to believe that Father was a hero, and that he was great. It was strange to see Quil full of hate for someone who saved the world! Quil continues, "What are you waiting for? Kill him!" I refused, and told him "Brother, I don't know why you hate our father so much, but you need to just let go!" I wanted my family to be in order again, but Quil seems to hate Father so much, and even Father has been doing all he could to make amends with that stubborn brother of mine. Father asked me "Son, that brother of yours is so resentful. I understand I was very wrong when I was younger, but I have always wanted to make things right between us. This is not how a father should have to be treated by his son. You know Quil more than I do at this point, does he always hold a grudge?" I told my dad, "No, he's only resentful toward what you did to him, he doesn't act that ways towards his friends or me. At least not until now." Father could never forgive himself, even 19 years after the incident, which is why I have never seen him in person until last Friday. I talked to my best friend, Z, about this. I asked him over Facebook, "Bro, Quil is saying so many hateful things about my father, he hates him with everything he's got, and I don't know what to do. Christmas is around the corner, and I don't want to see my family kill each other on such a peaceful holiday." Z says to me, "Look, my dad knows everything about your father. You should talk to him about it, He'll help you find answers. He lives in England, though. I can take you there quickly by using his private aircraft." I get there on Christmas Eve, and I look upon Rare Manor, the mansion belonging to Z's father. What knowledge awaits me when I step in?